cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Death Valley

jonaz
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone got some suggestions for Death Valley during Thanksgiving? I have a Dodge 4x4 and a 28' trailer with a generator, wife dog and kids. I have stayed at Furnace Creek in the past, but I may not be able to get a spot this year. Thanks!

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi (3.92 gears)
Prodigy brake controller,Weight Distribution Hitch
2021 Coachman Catalina 263BHSCK

21 REPLIES 21

hugemoth
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen Sunset campground at Furnace Creek fill up the overflow area. There has always been space there.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
pigman1 wrote:
Repairs at Scotty's Castle are just unbelievable. Damage occurred in 2015 and they are now not expecting to re-open until 2020. Five years??? My God, are they using a child's beach shovel and a toothbrush? We were in the valley last year and never saw any evidence of anyone lifting a finger. Then again, it's the Federal Government. Why am I not surprised?
It is a historic building. The method of repair needs to be authentic. Sure it could be repaired in 30 days just slapping on some white stucco and tile. Then the future tours would just cover the lame repairs.

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
...Donโ€™t forget about Panamint Springs Resort www.panamintsprings.com Been a great place for me on a couple of occasions, but, donโ€™t let anyone else know about it, please.... Nice hike to Darwin Falls from there ( yes, waterfall in the desert )...

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
You should call first, of course, but I'm pretty sure the Furnace Creek campgrounds...there are three big ones...one with hookups and two without.....
are open. And I haven't heard anything about Stovepipe Wells campground being closed.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Repairs at Scotty's Castle are just unbelievable. Damage occurred in 2015 and they are now not expecting to re-open until 2020. Five years??? My God, are they using a child's beach shovel and a toothbrush? We were in the valley last year and never saw any evidence of anyone lifting a finger. Then again, it's the Federal Government. Why am I not surprised?
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/conditions.htm

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
From what Ive read most of the park is closed, so good luck finding a spot.