cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish TV in Yuma?

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
We currently have Dish TV bundled with internet and phone from Century Link. I am having a hard time getting info over the phone from them.

Can anyone tell me how to go about changing service? We own a park model on a private lot in the Foothills, so are concerned with residential service.

We will rely on our cell phones, so will not need a landline phone. Will it be better for me to simply turn off service here in Oregon and shop around for tv and internet separately or bundled---or try to get Century Link in Yuma?

I would appreciate advice from anyone who has gone through this process because I am bewildered!

Thanks for any help!
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
8 REPLIES 8

grampachet
Explorer
Explorer
Art,
The harddrive is just an old one i had laying around i used with my computer, nothing special. Check out the dishsite and it gives the specs needed.
2004 F-250 KIngRanch,CC,SB,SRW,4x4,V-10,3.73
2008 Montana 3000RK

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
Art Davis wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:
If you have had Dish service for more than a year you should be able to Just take the dish receiver with you to Yuma.
When in Yuma call Dish and tell them you want to move your service to Yuma.
Then when you move back to your summer home take the receiver with you. If you are getting local channels just call Dish and they will change the locals to your summer location. If you do not have local channels there is nothing to do but reconnect the receiver.
I have a home in Idaho and one in Yuma. I have been doing this for about 4 years now.

Thanks. Best info I've gotten thus far insofar as Dish goes. What company do you use for internet?

I have been hoping someone might respond who has experience with Century Link. I just got off the phone with them, trying once more to get info. Made some progress--in spite of sales pitch for more services, etc--and learned that DSL (I think!) is available at my location, then got switched to another rep and was promptly dropped.

2OldMan, Yes I know that I have asked for this same info a couple of times, but haven't been able to get the necessary info. So--I am still trying.

I use Century Link. Second season and so far no problems. I have the cheapest rate and actual speed using Speakeasy I get 10 Megabits+ When we leave in May they just put the service on hold/vacation 99 cents a month. There is a reactivation of about $20 each fall. I keep the modem at my Arizona home.

One year used Time Warner but they wanted too much to put on vacation and more money the next year.

Okay, just the info I was looking for! Thanks, and all the best.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Art Davis wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:
If you have had Dish service for more than a year you should be able to Just take the dish receiver with you to Yuma.
Then when you move back to your summer home take the receiver with you. If you are getting local channels just call Dish and they will change the locals to your summer location. If you do not have local channels there is nothing to do but reconnect the receiver.
I have a home in Idaho and one in Yuma. I have been doing this for about 4 years now.

Thanks. Best info I've gotten thus far insofar as Dish goes. What company do you use for internet?

I have been hoping someone might respond who has experience with Century Link. I just got off the phone with them, trying once more to get info. Made some progress--in spite of sales pitch for more services, etc--and learned that DSL (I think!) is available at my location, then got switched to another rep and was promptly dropped.

2OldMan, Yes I know that I have asked for this same info a couple of times, but haven't been able to get the necessary info. So--I am still trying.

I use Century Link. Second season and so far no problems. I have the cheapest rate and actual speed using Speakeasy I get 10 Megabits+ When we leave in May they just put the service on hold/vacation 99 cents a month. There is a reactivation of about $20 each fall. I keep the modem at my Arizona home.

One year used Time Warner but they wanted too much to put on vacation and more money the next year.

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
grampachet wrote:
Our experience... We have dish bundled tv and internet but no phone, only AT&T cell phones.
We bought the tailgater system so pay $7 a month when using the tailgater. When traveling we call dish, ask for RV department and have no problems with system. I had an extra external hard drive so connected it via USB, called, dish paid a one time $40 fee and now have the pause, fast forward and recording feature. We are pleased with our tailgater system. Simple setup. All i do is set the "dish" pointed general south, connect the one coax cable, turn on receiver and tv follow simple instructions and within ten minutes or so, its all ready to go. This is our experience.

Thanks for the info. I have a Tailgater also. Been using it on the road with generally good results, but for some reason had intermittent reception/setup problems last winter in Yuma. One problem is that it doesn't work on the satellite that transmits French tv, which I like to watch.

Didn't know about the hard drive. Is it a conventioal computer drive or a special one for dish?

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

grampachet
Explorer
Explorer
Our experience... We have dish bundled tv and internet but no phone, only AT&T cell phones.
We bought the tailgater system so pay $7 a month when using the tailgater. When traveling we call dish, ask for RV department and have no problems with system. I had an extra external hard drive so connected it via USB, called, dish paid a one time $40 fee and now have the pause, fast forward and recording feature. We are pleased with our tailgater system. Simple setup. All i do is set the "dish" pointed general south, connect the one coax cable, turn on receiver and tv follow simple instructions and within ten minutes or so, its all ready to go. This is our experience.
2004 F-250 KIngRanch,CC,SB,SRW,4x4,V-10,3.73
2008 Montana 3000RK

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Posts with Century and Yuma in them
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman