cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dockweiller RV Park

6seligers
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed in this park in the past. Usually not a problem to get reservations. But this year I noticed that it filled up very quickly. Anyone have reservations to stay here in July that isn't planning on keeping their reservation?
5 REPLIES 5

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer
I frequently ride my bike along the path that leads through Dockweiler. The families always look like they are having fun, especially the lucky ones in front closest to the water. And yeah, in the summer, it is always packed. In the winter, not so much. Maybe 10 MH's tops in the winter.

I wondered about the planes. Always taking off as I ride by. That doesn't sound fun to listen to all day and night.

davent1946
Explorer
Explorer
I had occasion to stay there a week during the summer last year to allow the grandson to attend a science camp at UCLA. There are times during the day when planes are taking off every 48 seconds from LAX. Overnight the intervals are extended. The exhaust residue from the jets has covered everything with an oily film. I wasn't suppose the leave until Sat., but I decided to head north on the I405 on Friday at 5 pm just to show how desperate I was for some relief from the constant noise. There aren't many places that I have parked/camped that I would not return to, but Dockweiller certainly makes that list.

6seligers
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all so much! We were right there at the 90 day spot too, and everything was booked! This has definitely changed in the past several years. At least I know I am not crazy. Hard part is we need two spots as we are traveling as a caravan. So sad..... I love Dockweiller.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think word of mouth has done that in. Last year I stayed there in the summer by being on line right at the 90 day mark. Some of the regulars I talked to do blocks and then let their friends take their spots.

Another thing I learned is that the staff is very friendly and helpful,and unlike some places they will actually answer the phone and tell you if there has been a cancellation that may not be on the website yet and if there are any open spots,it is worthwhile to give them a call.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
6seligers wrote:
We have stayed in this park in the past. Usually not a problem to get reservations. But this year I noticed that it filled up very quickly. Anyone have reservations to stay here in July that isn't planning on keeping their reservation?

I noticed the same thing this year. I used to be able to just book a night or two a week in advance. Thats not the case anymore :h
A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.