cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dump fee for registered campers

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from Westside regional park in Bodega Bay, Ca, which is operated by Sonoma county parks department. We usually stay there at least 3-5 times a year. They have added something new since our last visit in May. As of 7/1/2013 even if you are a registered camper you must pay a $7.00 fee to use the dump station. This is on top of the $28.00 per night fee for dry camping. Credit or debit cards only to use the dump. When you swipe your card the lid to the dump is unlocked for sixteen minutes. When time is up an alarm sounds to let the park personnel know you have overstayed your allotted time. I don't know if the other Sonoma county parks are doing the same thing, but I would imagine they are. This is not intended to be a complaint, just for informational purposes for anyone else who might be headed that way.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad
22 REPLIES 22

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't like the idea of paying to dump after I pay to stay at a CG.
However, costs are going up for everyone. I'd rather pay a few dollars than not be able to dump my tanks.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Oh Ridge campground in June Lake also charges $7 to use the dump. I can understand charging the fee to outsiders but not those already paying $23 a night to stay there. To pay, you use an envelope and stick it in a tube.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it keeps them operating by keeping out the diapers and used oil, fine with me.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bet that alarm device gets 'broken' pretty soon........
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of public government owned are like this.

Stampede\Boca NFS is $10.00
The NFS camps at Eagle are $10.00
Tahoe, Comanche, Lassen, Almanor a few others.

Not sure, yet I don't think the COE spots are charging yet.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Ummm, what happens if you're slow and right in the middle of dumping your black tank? Guess that's their problem, huh? LOL

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
California is not the only place that is charging for dumping.
A friend staying in Cherry Creek State Park, just a few miles from Denver, CO reports that dry the camping fee is $18 per night, plus a $18 dumping fee.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

popupcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds smart. Good idea