Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Are there any locations near Yuma with shaded parking?

I need to be there next week (for a few days) with temps predicted around 100 degrees.My AC has a hard time keeping up when my trailer is parked in direct sun, so shade would be a big help. I would like to boondock but would be willing to pay at an R...

synergy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Florida keys in Sept?

Heading to the keys this september, and was just wondering the "usual" weather. (Temps, rainfall etc...). We are headed to bluewater key. Has anyone else been there? We were looking at site 77, just wondering if anyone had any info on that siteTh...

suprz by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Sedona/ Cottonwood

Wife and I are taking a 3 week trip in October. In 2006 we took my kids and used this site to help most of the planning for that 4 week trip of a lifetime. Before spending 6 days at the Balloon festival in Alburquerque, we will spend a few days in S...

rowejd11 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Hat Creek RV Resort in Norcal

We are thinking of heading to this park in a week or two. Probably will stat for three or four days. It looks as if they have creekside pull-throughs.Would take 395 then 36 through Susanville.Then to 44 and then I am guessing a left to the park. Is t...

Snowbird home prep, hot water heater

This past winter we went to AZ for 2+ months, I had turned the heat down to 55 and shutoff the water at the meter where it enters the house. I have a single boiler running baseboard heat and the hot water tank. Hot water tank is set as low as it goes...

Padlin by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Max length allowed at Glacier NP

I've checked the Glacier website for what's allowed in the different campgrounds and it states 35' combined truck & trailer. I'm pulling a 31' 5ver and with the truck, am longer than that.Does anyone have any experience as to how strict they are with...

ejulson by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Zion and Bryce Trip early September - Where to stay?

We're from SoCal and will be towing our 5th wheel to Las Vegas in early September where we will meet up with friends from Minnesota who are renting a small MH. Our plan is to drive to Zion on Saturday for a few days' stay and then move on to Bryce f...

Njmurvin by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Texas Beaches

Hi Folks,Late, but deciding on whether to go to a national park or the beach in August. Never been to Texas beaches. Any suggestions? Live in Tucson, so Corpus is the closest.Steve

Yellowstone Fishing Bridge Spots

We are planning a camping trip over Memorial Weekend inYellowstone with a 30' spot reserved. We have since upgraded our trailer and now it is 33' long. I checked and there are not any 35' or 40' spots available in the entire park.I know Fishing Brid...

Weber by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

A Christmas Story house?

Has anyone gone by RV to The Christmas Story House in Cleveland? We will be driving right through and it looks like it's right off of I-90. Just not to keen about driving and parking the rv through the city, though on the map it doesn't look too bad...

ChrisFMA by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip Report: The Perfect Family Trip, Northwest 2016

In a groove...I believe we are becoming accustomed to this lifestyle. Just 3 short years ago, my wife and I had never taken more than a week in a row off. Not for 20 years. There's been a change, and it's for the better! In the last 3 years, we h...

tragusa3 by Explorer
  • 95 replies
  • 0 likes

Little Rock RV Park Recomendation

Looking for an overnight spot near I40 that offers pull through FHU sites. The KOA is always an option but, the reviews are sketchy even for an overnight. Thanks,Gary

Oregon SP looking at Flexible Pricing

Oregon SP looking at Flexible Pricing, interesting news item. Listened to story on news this morning, could be by Park, the more popular could cost more the less popular, less used could be less costly. Link to story

rhagfo by Explorer III
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Boston RV parks

Looking to spend a few days touring Boston. Is there an RV park nearby that is easy access to the city by public transportation or that has a shuttle to the city?