cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edisto Beach State Park update

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Just walked the beach in front of Edisto Beach State Park. The day area is open and nice. The campground remains closed and untouched since Matthew. About 1/3 of the campground is under about 3 feet of beach sand. I would think the electrical grid is destroyed. Ranger said they are waiting on funding to start rebuilding. Give me a front end loaded and I could solve the sand problem in about 2 weeks. The issue is the electrical. Seems weird since the sand washed in enough to almost cover the picnic tables but they remained in their same place! Seems like they would have washed away but all seemed to be there. Sure wish the state would hurry, sure miss the place!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
2 REPLIES 2

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oddly RA reports many sites available for the 10 day period ending with Memorial Day. I told DW no way that could be right even before I was aware of the massive damage there.
Puma 30RKSS

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard it's the same scenario for Hunting Island. Wonder if they'll ever spend the money to restore electrical to the incredible beachside sites H.I. formerly had. Good memories.