cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

estes park

scout_dad
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone camped at MANOR rv park in Estes Park CO ? How was the park in general?
7 REPLIES 7

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I posted a similar question a few months ago and the concensus was to find a different area! Or staying in the NP.

Now I'm leaning on going south from the Tetons to Pikes Peak and Garden of he Gods!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Not quite, Alabama Jim. I will digress, sorry.

"The Shining" movie was not filmed in Estes Park. The remake for TV was done there but it was not Jack Nicholson. We lived in Estes at the time. It was fun to have it all go on and meet all the people who - for the most part - were just good, regular people. Very little hotsy totsy.

(The original hotel was the Overlook Hotel (I think) and not sure where it is located)

During the filming in Estes Stephen King spend quite a bit of time in Estes. We met / talked to him on occasion. We have two autographed books and the one to my wife he autographed, "Barbara, keep on shining .... Stephen King". Do I need to tell you she treasures the book.

Thank you to my friend, Thom in Loveland, for updating on Hwy 34. It has had problems for many years but this last flood was severe so finally action to repair that - and many more things - is taking place.

Thom, you might post an update on Roads and Routes section - maybe you have and I have not seen it.

Merry Christmas.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

greyhook
Explorer
Explorer
We just camped there this summer. Nice CG, if a little tight. Close to everything. Wifi was intermittent. Elk wandering through is not uncommon. Very nice breakfast on Saturdays and helpful staff. Our girls didn't want to leave. All in all, it was ok.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
scout dad wrote:
Has anyone camped at MANOR rv park in Estes Park CO ? How was the park in general?

Thanks to 2oldman for pulling up one of my older posts. Nothing significantly different to that post, regarding Manor RV Park.

You don't indicate when you're planning your trip to Estes. Be aware of major construction on US 34 between Loveland and Estes Park that has closed access through Big Thompson Canyon (US 34). This construction is currently under way with a closure that is expected to be in place until just prior to Memorial Day 2017, but could go until July 2017. Last I read, the construction was on schedule with major rock blasting going on in the canyon.

The alternate route at least up until Memorial Day 2017 is US 36 from Lyons to Estes Park. Best way to get to Lyons is CO 66, the northern Longmont exit off I-25.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Don't let Jack Nicolson get you when you go by the old hotel. They filmed "The Shinning" there and he may still be lurking about yelling, here's Johnny. lol

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Try Spruce Lake not bad little pricey stay away from Elk meadow sites are very uneven hard to level. Yes I have stayed at both.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Manor post
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman