cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall Creek Falls TN -- Dump Station -- Fall trip

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I know Fall Creek Falls has full hook ups sites. We want to do a shake down trip with my DD and her husband. This will be their first camping trip since she was an adult. In addition she has a new FW. She plans to do a lot of dry camping (NFS/BLM) next year when she travels to the South-West. I want this shake down trip to "be as if dry camping". Do you know if FCF has a dump/fill station so she can know how long she can dry camp without the need to dump/fill.

I know we could get a FHU site and not hook up, but did not want to take up a site that someone else may want.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
5 REPLIES 5

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
As said above, coming in from the north is tight. If you are pulling that 30 footer, it can be done using more than your side of the road and going very slowly. The turns are very sharp and opposing traffic is an issue.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Johno02 wrote:
Another good choice for a beginner is close by, over at Rock Island state park, just a few miles east of Fall Creek., on the Caney river.

My DD is a hiker. I do not remember many hiking trails at Rock Island. I do know it is a good fishing CG. The advantage at Rock Island is that it is not far from shopping at McMinnville and a day trip to Cumberland Caverns.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Most important tip for Fall Creek Falls SP is to come into the park from the SOUTH side rather than the North. North side has steep hills and switchback turns that cam be difficult for a new RV, especially one of great size and weight. Other than that, it is a beautiful park. We have not been in several years, so things may hve changed a lot, but from what I have heard, not the road. Another good choice for a beginner is close by, over at Rock Island state park, just a few miles east of Fall Creek., on the Caney river. They have a good number of campsites, most with water and electric only, and of course, a dump station. Several sites are full hookup. Getting a full hookup site with sewer is no different from a dump station, and sill still allow a lot of variables in learning how to connect and use the sewer and fresh water systems. Maybe better, because there won't be anyone waiting in line for them to finish and they can take their time.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

skipro
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, they have a dump station. Enjoy. It's a great park.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Using a quick Google search, I found they have 92 water and electric only sites, so assuming a dump station is reasonable. However, to verify, a quick phone call will definitively answer the question.