cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FL Keys in June

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone go there early to mid June? Looking for info on weather. Looks like it will be warm, upper 80โ€™s-low 90โ€™s. Just wondering what others thoughts are.
Also what is there to do other than Key West, and snorkeling. Iโ€™m think 4 days while there.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
20 REPLIES 20

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Not an ideal time of year to go. Definitely off-season. Itโ€™s going to be hot, humid, and probably will rain each day. Florida in the summer is terrible.

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
Marathon has a nice beach. The Mel Fisher Treasure museum in Key West is a must.

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
I went to the Keys for my 10?th weeding anniversary in 1996; Rented a
convertible in June; The lady at the rental counter looked at me funny......

The top stayed up the whole time; >90f and humid.....

Unless you like water sports it may be too hot/humid especially in a TT.
Gerry

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Honestly Key West is my east liked area of the keys. Worth going to see once, but not my thing. If you like bars and music, it is probably great.

For me the keys are all about Water activities. Snorkling,fishing, kayaking etc. There are snorkeling place right on the beach in Key Largo and Bahia Honda,and probably lots of other places also. We really enjoyed kayaking through the mangroves and around the islands. It was really pretty. The fishing is incredible, you can go offshore, or inshore if you are worried about seasickness.

It is an incredibly beautiful area, just going over the bridges and looking at the water is incredible. I like the first half of the keys the best Largo, Marathon, Islamorado.

I've never been there in the summer, but living in GA, and vacationing in North FL most every summer, it can be very hot and very humid. If you are not used to it, it will such the energy out of you. But June is probably much better than July or August. Also you should have a breeze most days and that will help.

Go and enjoy, just be ready to sweat, ??
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a kayaker, paddleboarder or canoer it can't be topped. the water is clear as drinking water.
We love Key Largo paddling in and around the mangroves and mangrove tunnels, and viewing sharks, rays, parrot fish,d mangrove snappers and sea turtles.

With that said, a lot of people are disappointed in the fact that there are are no good long sandy beaches like on the east or west coast of the main land

Guy

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
That's a long way to drive for just 4 days of the Keys. There are so many different things to do and so much more than just Key West. That is one of my least favorite places in the Keys.

Marathon has lots to offer, from turtle hospital to dolphin research center to the Fl Keys Aquarium. There are a couple of really nice state parks in the Keys that you should check out. Key Largo, Islamorada and Big Pine Key have lots to offer.

Get on TripAdvisor and just bring up the Florida Keys. There are so many things to do that you can easily fill up 4 days, probably 7-8 days, easily.

We were there the first week of June last year and it was hot and humid. Yes, temps were in the high 80's and low 90's, but with the humidity, it felt much, much warmer. You can find camping spots in June because other people have already left southern FL because of the heat and humidity. Just an FYI.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW