cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida Beach CG Recommendations

mekkerl
Explorer
Explorer
We have been planning to travel to Florida in April for ~2-wks and stay where my father does, and where I grew up going, Outdoor Resorts of America Melbourne Beach FL. I coordinated with my RV storage place to ensure I am the first out; and even have my sisters family coming to stay with us a few nights from Savannah, GA.

I JUST got off the phone with the resort, and come to find out that they do not take rigs over 37'! I am just under 40', but did not know their rule, so I said I was 40' when she asked. Luckily, they know my father, and I assured them that I am about 38' etc. They are going to call me back with a decision.

Until then, I'd like to ask all you guys for recommendations for other RV resorts on the beach in Florida/Georgia. The ORA in Melbourne Beach is pristine with three pools, direct beach access, concrete pads, etc... So we would like something similar if at all possible.
Note that we have four kids, 4, 6, 8, and 10.

Any ideas? Prefer the east coast for the warmer water and waves...but the west coast is not out of the question.

Thank you!
Luke & Carolyn
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
2013 Sierra 3500HD Duramax CC SRW SB 4x4
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 2 Gooseneck Mount
8 REPLIES 8

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
Ft Desoto in St Pete is an awesome place at the mouth of Tampa Bay. Most of the sites have direct water access, and the beach is a short drive away. Jetty Park is fun too. More of an urban/industrial camping experience being so close to the port.

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Jetty Park in Cape Canaveral is pretty close to Melbourne. Not really a "resort" - it's a local park, but it's on the beach (walk across the day-use parking lot to get to the beach from the campground). It has some things that might be fun for the kids: Kennedy Space Center and it abuts the shipping channel the cruise ships go in & out. It's pretty busy during snowbird season, but my impression is that is less crowded by April.
2013 RT 190-Popular

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
mekkerl wrote:
Well...the ORA in Melbourne won't let me in.
In the meantime, I've been researching a ton for other places...and have came up with most all the places you guys have recommended.
North Beach has no availability.
And, I am currently on hold with Bryn Mawr campground.
All the beach state parks with FHU are booked up solid as well.
Only other option I know of is the Gulf Camp in Destin...but thats like $160+ a night!
Try Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park in Jacksonville. This page states Dump Station, but they have FHU's
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

mekkerl
Explorer
Explorer
Well...the ORA in Melbourne won't let me in.
In the meantime, I've been researching a ton for other places...and have came up with most all the places you guys have recommended.
North Beach has no availability.
And, I am currently on hold with Bryn Mawr campground.
All the beach state parks with FHU are booked up solid as well.
Only other option I know of is the Gulf Camp in Destin...but thats like $160+ a night!
Luke & Carolyn
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
2013 Sierra 3500HD Duramax CC SRW SB 4x4
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 2 Gooseneck Mount

The_Painting_Te
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for North Beach in St Augustine

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
While the chances are slim, check Gamble Rogers Recreation Area- maybe you will be lucky and find a cancellation. Another spot is Coral Sands- the RV park isn't great, but it's on the beach and you have full use of the hotel facilities including the pool.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
If you are going that far north, consider going a little farther to North Beach Camp Resort. It resembles a state park - not a clear cut parking lot. Beach is a close walk across A1A.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

chezhead
Explorer
Explorer
Bryn Mawr in St. Agustine will met your needs. Direct ocean access and a nice pool. Expensive and sites are a little tight, but doable for your rig.

http://www.brynmawroceanresort.com/
Mark & Cheryl
2008 Bounder 36D
2020 Buick Envision Toad