cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Free 4th Grade Access to all Federal Lands and Waters?

mcguirehg
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone on the forum used the 4th Grade Access pass from the Federal Government. According to the program its grants free access for a 4th grader and their family...Has anyone had any issues or exemptions when using the pass at National Parks?
18 REPLIES 18

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm retired, but I act like a fourth grader from time to time. Does that count?
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

If the kids/family need help to afford getting into a NP then they really cannot afford the trip to one unless it`s a half mile down the road!

Typical elitist thinking...:R

Not elitist! Just common sense thinking!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:

If the kids/family need help to afford getting into a NP then they really cannot afford the trip to one unless it`s a half mile down the road!

Typical elitist thinking...:R
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
DrewE wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
How does the 4th grader get to the national parks? If it's with parents then the parent gets a park pass like they've been doing for many years and that allows children in free. Perhaps I'm not understanding what the difference is.

The pass covers the entrance fees for the entire family. Nobody pays, neither the parents nor the child.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Ozlander wrote:
DrewE wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
How does the 4th grader get to the national parks? If it's with parents then the parent gets a park pass like they've been doing for many years and that allows children in free. Perhaps I'm not understanding what the difference is.

The pass covers the entrance fees for the entire family. Nobody pays, neither the parents nor the child.

Actually, somebody pays, you and me.
There is no free lunch.

....and we'd gladly pay for them to have a national park experience. ๐Ÿ™‚ Some of these kids never get out of the city.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
2gypsies wrote:

Actually, somebody pays, you and me.
There is no free lunch.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Ahhh....thanks for the explanation.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
2gypsies wrote:

mcguirehg
Explorer
Explorer
The purpose of the program is to expose children to out national parks. Some folks really don't have money, programs haven been cut in many schools. Some children don't get the experiences due to the decrease in programs and exposure to our countries natural wonders.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is the point of it? seems kind of weird!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kbf213 wrote:
looks like just 4th graders and their families

It is also for a wide range of educators

My late wife was a 4th grade teacher in inner city schools, always looking for programs like this.

What a great program to open up the wonders of our National Parks and lands for the next generation and their families.

This information should be shared not only on this forum but on others as well.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Is it just 4th graders specifically or any grade up to 4th ? We have a 3rd grader and would love to use this pass to park.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

mcguirehg
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the pass is for 4th graders and their family. It was actually marketed on the radio last summer. I'm surprised not many folks on the forum have heard of this program or used it. Has anyone used the passes previously?