cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ft.Pickens, Florida. WiFi ?

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. Is there WiFi signal available at each or some camp sites? Work from my camper & must have WiFi. Do all sites have at least 30 electric? Thanks.:?
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"
6 REPLIES 6

rdemore
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from Ft. Pickens (late March). There is no Wi-Fi or campstore. There are both 30 and 50 amp hookups. Cell phone service is good, and a hot spot will work fine.

It really is a great park

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Was there twice last fall, once on A loop and once on C loop. No WiFi at all. I used my phone as a hotspot for the couple of evenings I wanted to cruise the net.

You would need to go back across the toll bridge to Gulf Breeze to the Starbucks, McDonalds or Chic-Fil-A most likely to get decent free internet. Probably a place or two on Santa Rosa Island, but not sure what businesses offer it.

There are a number of bar and food places on 399 near Ft. Pickens Rd (mostly in the Pensacola Beach Boardwalk shopping center, right in the curve of the road) that probably offer WiFi, you would just have to find them.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

sp8gold
Explorer
Explorer
We always use the A loop. There is no WIFI (or wasn't the last time we were there last year). In A loop sites the power is 30/50 amp and water. There is a dump station. I have not had a problem using my MIFI system there.

DwnSth
Explorer
Explorer
No WIFI and weak cell. Must use booster. Loop A if you can get it is closer to beach. No sewer hookup. Regardless one of our favorite must do yearly visits. 30 and 50 amp clean power.
2014 Berkshire 360QL

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked up a couple of sites about FT PICKENS and both say there is NO WIFI...

To be sure I would suggest you give them a call...

They have electric hookups says both 30 and 50...

You can easily find out about all of this by just doing a google search for FT PICKENS yourself...

You can find their phone number this way as well...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
2 1/2 years since we were there but at that time NO Wifi anywhere. Not much to the campground except the sites and a little store as you enter. Everything else is further into the Park, Fort, Tower & Gun Emplacements. Yes 30 amp in our site but was cold so was plenty for our 50amp rig. Sites were tight with a small area to store trailer/dolly as there was not enough room in the site. Campground office is a couple of miles before the Campground (may have been wifi there, never tried). Enjoyed the Fort and moved on.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA