cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gettysburg/ Hershey/Lancaster

Painter3066
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to Pennsylvania and would like your thoughts on a campground around Hershey which would be in driving distance between Gettysburg and Lancaster. Thanks so much for your input.
6 REPLIES 6

Painter3066
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for your replies.

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Our top choice in Gettysburg is Gettysburg Campground, with the KOA a close second. Drummer Boy lost our patronage when the corporate machine bought the park.

If you have kids with you consider the Old Mill Stream CG next to the Dutch Wonderland theme park, or the Jellystone Park in Quarryville is a good place from which to explore PA Dutch Country, however it will be expensive. Have not stayed at either in over 10 years.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

edstep
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in KOA Elizabeth/Hershey it was about 15 mi from Hershey park but not crowded in like Heresy Park campground

and for Gettysburg we stayed at the KOA Gettysburg/Battlefield a very nice and well kept KOA

I would go back to either one

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Pa has some very nice state parks.We like Pine Grove Furnace.It is about 1/2 hour from Gettysburg and an hour or less to Hershey.They have electric hookups,water hydrants in every loop and a dump station.They also have new bath houses.There are 2 lakes for swimming,a camp store and a small visitor center.It is the half way point on the Appalachian Trail.About a mile away is a former CCC/ POW camp.You can get a map and do a self guiding tour.We did it.Pretty interesting.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
cfd225 wrote:
I have stayed at the Heresy Park campground. It was tight. But nice thing to the trolley takes you any where to do with the park. I would stay there again.

Do you have to belong to a coven to get in?
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

cfd225
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at the Heresy Park campground. It was tight. But nice thing to the trolley takes you any where to do with the park. I would stay there again.
Jayco 2018 Seismic 4113
Chevy 3500 Diesel
Zena (Black Shepard), Tiller (Mastiff/Lab Mix)