cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Campground/RV park for Summer?

mytime
Explorer
Explorer
We winter in the Florida Area, now making plans for the Summer, Would like to hear your ideas for a good RV Park, need Full hook-ups, preferably in the Southeast part, on the east side of the MS River, a month stay, maybe longer, wife likes to golf, but usually 9 holes is enough. We have our own Golf Cart and would like to use it somewhat around the the park. Don't like a lot of excitement. Good places to eat a plus, etc. Probably not many place out there that suit our needs? Let me know what you have found., PM is Ok... Mytime
2007 Country Coach, Allure 470, 42',ISL Cummins 400, TV- 2011 Chevy Silverado, Blackhawk and Brakemaster.
5 REPLIES 5

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
mytime wrote:
We winter in the Florida Area, now making plans for the Summer, Would like to hear your ideas for a good RV Park, need Full hook-ups, preferably in the Southeast part, on the east side of the MS River, a month stay, maybe longer, wife likes to golf, but usually 9 holes is enough. We have our own Golf Cart and would like to use it somewhat around the the park. Don't like a lot of excitement. Good places to eat a plus, etc. Probably not many place out there that suit our needs? Let me know what you have found., PM is Ok... Mytime

These would be mine recommendations;

Lake Toxaway

LT #2

OR

Hilton Head

HH #2

Not sure this is what you were looking for but we have enjoyed these.

BOL,

On edit, for the mid summer, only the Mountains would work for me.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

mytime
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Shoe wrote:
Myrtle Beach is calling your name. 55 golf courses along the Grand Strand. Golf carts are the alternate form of transportation. South of 501 on US17, you'll find the big three - Ocean Lakes, Lakewood and Pirateland. All have beach access. You can drive a golf cart all over MB without ever getting out on the road (US 17) as there are cart paths parallel to the road. Ocean Lakes is my personal favorite, but there's only 893 campsites there. ๐Ÿ™‚
Most of the CGs have a "golf desk". They can make tee times for you and even arrange foursomes for single golfers. Springtime is the busy season as the golfers have been polishing their clubs all winter, but it tapers off some in the summer.
Chuck's Steak House is highly recommended (by me) for a final night. When our golf group used to go every year, this was dinner the last night.

we do MB about 2mos. a year, was looking for another nesting place for July maybe August. thanks
2007 Country Coach, Allure 470, 42',ISL Cummins 400, TV- 2011 Chevy Silverado, Blackhawk and Brakemaster.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Myrtle Beach is calling your name. 55 golf courses along the Grand Strand. Golf carts are the alternate form of transportation. South of 501 on US17, you'll find the big three - Ocean Lakes, Lakewood and Pirateland. All have beach access. You can drive a golf cart all over MB without ever getting out on the road (US 17) as there are cart paths parallel to the road. Ocean Lakes is my personal favorite, but there's only 893 campsites there. ๐Ÿ™‚
Most of the CGs have a "golf desk". They can make tee times for you and even arrange foursomes for single golfers. Springtime is the busy season as the golfers have been polishing their clubs all winter, but it tapers off some in the summer.
Chuck's Steak House is highly recommended (by me) for a final night. When our golf group used to go every year, this was dinner the last night.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

4famfun
Explorer
Explorer
i think bethpage and greys point in virginia are very nice check out ther website!

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Sent you a pm.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW