cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Canyon

Lucyc858
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking of taking a fall trip to the Grand Canyon. The RV parks are full or closed. Is there day use RV parking at the North or South Rim? Any information will be appreciated.
Lucy
8 REPLIES 8

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure when Ten X forest service campground closes. Looks like it is still open at this point. Great campground for dry camping 4 miles from the south rim. Very quiet and tree shaded.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dick_B wrote:
X2 on staying in Williams. I suggest the Grand Canyon Railway RV Park where one can pick up the train for the 2 1/4 hours ride each way. The RR only stays about 1 1/2 hours at the South Rim but that is long enough for a short hike and lots of photos.
BTW the train got held up by banditos on the way back.

Did the banditos wear masks??
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have visited GC in many different seasons including Dec. You can always find a place to stay.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on staying in Williams. I suggest the Grand Canyon Railway RV Park where one can pick up the train for the 2 1/4 hours ride each way. The RR only stays about 1 1/2 hours at the South Rim but that is long enough for a short hike and lots of photos.
BTW the train got held up by banditos on the way back.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
Williams, Az. has a scenic (old time)train ride to the Grand Canyon and back-it is beautiful. Williams is on Route 66, also-which is a fun trip in itself. There are quite a few RV campgrounds in or around Williams. Just a thought.

https://experiencewilliams.com/grand-canyon-railway/
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
North Rim is closed down on October 15th. The wife and I will be there the 12th.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Current GC info ...

https://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/conditions.htm
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

dedmiston
My wife and son were just there on a car trip and they said it was a ghost town. She sent me pictures of the empty lot and empty overlooks. Spooky. The campgrounds weren't full though, so they must be closed.

There are places to stay outside the park and down in Williams.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230