cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happy Hills Campground near Hocking Hills Ohio

Gryphonguy
Explorer
Explorer
We're going to Hocking Hills State Park later this summer. I found Happy Hills Campground nearby. Has anyone stayed here? If so what did you think? I didn't find any reviews on here when I searched.
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 D/A
2005 Jayco Jayflight 29BHS
10 REPLIES 10

wilcamp
Explorer
Explorer
hfreeman wrote:
we usually go to Top Of The Caves, close to several trails

x2
We have stayed here twice, in 2002 and 2012, the first to celebrate our oldest son's high school graduation and college transition. Our stay last summer, another memorable trip, was during the "dereche" wind storm, just before July 4th. The winds knocked down trees, knocked out power, and blocked the roads. Because the power was out, the CG's well water could not be pumped to the site hook-ups, nor the CG toilets. The CG owners/managers couldn't even call their in-coming camping guests to warn them of the problems. Although we were "trapped" in for a day or so, we counted ourselves among the lucky ones, no damage from fallen trees or limbs, 2 12-volt batteries, and a half tank of fresh water on board.
Wil, Tara, Keeko (Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix 9 yr.-old) and Kalee (Wire Hair Terrier/Blue Heeler mix 1 yr. old)
2018 Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2702; 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi w/ 3.92 rear axle

hfreeman
Explorer
Explorer
we usually go to Top Of The Caves, close to several trails

elsique
Explorer
Explorer
We have never been to Happy Hills but are planning a trip in late September.
Elise ๐Ÿ™‚
2010 Chevy Silverado 6.2 V8
2018 2804RK Open Range

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
There is one named Top of The Cave. Never been to it. I use state and Federal Parks when possible.

SanMarMor
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there June 2011, and I won't go back. Probably the worst place I've stayed. Our site was SO out of level, it took all the blocks I had (and I have a lot) plus a bunch of firewood my brother had to get the 5er set. And it was only a piece of grass. Dusty dirty narrow roads with tight turns and trees. It cost way too much for what it was, and the family that owned it wasn't very friendly.

That's our experience.
Mark
2007.5 Chevy 3500HD Crew DMax Dually 4x4 w/ Curt Q5 20K Hitch
2011 Sabre 31RETS-6 w/ TrailAir Pin

44 nights in 2013, 37 nights in 2014, 27 nights in 2015, 29 nights in 2016
34 nights in 2017, 27 in 2018

http://camping.morrises.com/

9er
Explorer
Explorer
we stayed there last year,the campground is fine,very steep hill (driveway),once your up there though all's good

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at the KOA twice and loved it!
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Gryphonguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. We have stayed at the state park before. We are looking for full hook-ups this time. I just stumbled upon this campground on line and was curious. We're leaning towards staying at the KOA. Happy camping!
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 D/A
2005 Jayco Jayflight 29BHS

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you need the cg for a particular reason, stay at the state park. It is very pretty and has electric hook up. Dump and water nearby.

Nelsonville is not all that close to Old Mans Cave etc. What is your agenda? What do you wish to do?

Lake Hope is a state park very near Nelsonville. Lake Alma is a nice State Park at Wellston, I'll be there this weekend. My family is from that area, we have it covered from Nelsonville to Wellston to Logan.

WrongWayRandall
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at other spots in that park, but not that one specifically. That said, there are a a number of reviews on this site for the RV Park you mentioned that might give you some insight if no one here responds.

Hocking Hills is ~popular~ and it can be difficult to find a spot unless you plan ahead a fair amount of time. It's well worth the trip, though - lots to see and do.
1975 Westfalia Campmobile "Backroads Wanderer"
2014 Rockwood A122 hard side popup