Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Death Valley over New Years.

Despite the budget impasse, Death Valley is still a good place for camping. Some trails are closed but there is still plenty to see.https://spark.adobe.com/page/re0u5ww8vf2Mj/

Kober by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Other than RMNP, what can u do in Denver area?

My hubby John and I (I use a scooter to get around most of the time as I can’t walk long distances anymore due to various medical reasons) are coming to CO for 2 weeks starting 6/29/19. We’ll be renting a 30’ Class C and right after that we’ll need t...

sillyme by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Sawtooth NF - Chemeketan CG ???'s

Starting to plan our late spring/early summer trip for this year. Spent a week in the Sawtooth's last June along Baker Creek north of Ketchum. Was planning a stop or visit to the area along the Salmon River where Chemeketan NF Campground is located. ...

Yellowstone

Thinking about Yellowstone around May 20th or so. Probably staying at Fishing Bridge in fifthwheel. What weather can I expect, temperature, snow, etc.

SDM by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Federal Shutdown?

What are most of you finding with campgrounds under federal authority; especially, USACE. Are they shut down or partially open with no services? We have reservations at one north of Kennesaw, Ga. in early Feb.

1 or 2 days in West Virginia

In April we'll be coming from Virginia back to Michigan. We're looking to spend a day or two in West Virginia simply because we've never visited that state yet. Kids are 16, 14, and 10. We enjoy just about anything except art, shopping, and baseball....

New Orleans rv parks

Plan to visit New Orleans later this year. Would like to spend time visiting some of the mansions along river road area. Can any one suggest an RV park that would be conventient for this? Thanks to all who share their knowledge.

Fort Stevens SP, Oregon

Good Day,Can anyone tell me if Fort Stevens SP in Oregon fills up during the first 2 weeks of June? I'm trying to decide if I need to reserve this far out for a visit, I have never been there and looking for a data point.Thanks in advance,Dave

Video TR: Joshua Tree National Park & Palm Springs, CA

After leaving Quartzsite we decided to head west to southern California to Joshua Tree National Park. We got truly lucky and scored a secluded spot in the park's famed Jumbo Rocks Campground at the last minute to explore Joshua Tree, then moved on to...

North-central Nevada

Edwards Creek Valley and dry lake, north-central Nevada north of US 50. Looking west from the west side of the New Pass Range. Clan Alpine Mountains on the horizon.

kpherzog by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Family Niagara Falls Campgrounds (US side)

I'm looking to spend a couple of nights at Niagara Falls this summer, looking for campground recommendations on the US side. We're limited to the US side because we have foster kids with us so we can't cross the border with them at all. Favorite fa...

el_jefe1 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes