Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Georgia/Alabama Campgrounds

Have reservations for north of Atlanta(Kennesaw area) for early February but thinking of abandoning the cold sooner; late Jan. Recommend some campgrounds in southern Georgia and Alabama for that period that will be open. We prefer state parks and/or ...

Cibola National Forest, NM

There are tons of campgrounds in the national forest. I am looking for one that is closest to Albuquerque Can anyone steer me in the right direction>

yaya by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip planning help - Dakotas and Minnesota National Parks

Hello all-The time of year has come for us to plan our July camping trip. We've been visiting National Parks, and have decided we want to visit Bad Lands, Wind Cave, Theodore Roosevelt and Voyageur National Parks during the first 2 weeks of July (y...

alesis by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Class A RVing near NYC

We will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary this year and want to visit New York City . We are looking for an RV park in the vicinity of White Plains NY or other location outside the city but near the train station. We want to park our RVs outside ...

Safety at Big Bend National Park

DW and I have been discussing a winter trip to Big Bend this January.Our daughter who lives in Texas has concerns about safety on the border.Is Big Bend safe right now?

Between Toledo and Cleveland - travelling 80/90

I need an overnight stop for a trip from WI to PA. We will be travelling 80/90 and could work with just about anywhere between Toledo and Cleveland. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any campgrounds that get decent ratings.Any recommendations?

forestcamping.com ???

Anyone have any info on forestcamping.com as to why we now have to have a sign-in on what was a wonderful open site for all to use??? I know we have to sign-in on most of these RV sites, but just wondering what happened. New site owners, hijacked, or...

TUCQUALA by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Govt. Shutdown threads in RV Parks & Campgrounds

First an introduction. My name is Dave and I've been the moderator in this forum for about a year now since our beloved former moderator stepped down. I moderate a number of other forums here, most notably the Toy Hauler forum for the past 14 years.M...

KOA Membership

My wife and I are doing some retirement planning (18 months) and hope to spend a good portion of our time traveling. While exploring trip planning it seems KOA has a pretty good network of campgrounds. Does anyone have a KOA membership? How useful ha...

Belle Parc in Brooksville Fl

Hello, just looking for opinions on Belle Parc campground in Brooksville Fl. Took a ride through there and it looks very nice. Has anyone stayed there and can give a personal opinion?Thanks much,

mirwin by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Northern Mich..Anyone camped at "The Bluffs' or Onaway Park

Going up to Northern Michigan this upcoming July to visit friends who have a cabin on Black Lake in Cheboygan Michigan.Want to camp as close to there cabin as possible for convenience.Anyone ever stayed at "The Bluffs", its a restaurant and they have...

jabres by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Abilene State Park

Has Anyone Been To Abilene State Park And Have Any Site Suggestions. Or Any Things To See And Do In The Area?Planning On Being There In June, July Or August.