cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
34 REPLIES 34

pnichols wrote:
BobsYourUncle wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Didn't some billionaire hide something worth a lot of money out there somewhere? Mabey they found it and don't realize it.

Yes, I think you are right.

That thing is actually solid platinum.
It weighs 486 pounds 12 ounces.
So based on the above figures at todays market value of $939.29 an ounce, that thing is worth a cool $7,315,190.52.

Nice find!

486 pounds and 12 onces of solid platinum!!!??? For lack of a better reaction - that's not possible ... with platinum worth over $950 per ounce.

I suspect hardwood painted with silver paint as more likely what it's made of! 😉

P.S. Could a 1-ton dually 4X4 PU even carry 486 pounds and 12 onces - plus the crane - plus the backhoe - out there (unnoticed) so as to deal with setting that thing up vertically stable? I think not - but maybe another cup of coffee will help me think more clearly.

Have another coffee, that whole thing was a joke I made up on the fly!! HAHA!
:B:B:B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
^^^^^^ The stash the millionaire hid many years ago was found earlier this year.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/rocky-mountains-hidden-treasure-chest-found

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
BobsYourUncle wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Didn't some billionaire hide something worth a lot of money out there somewhere? Mabey they found it and don't realize it.

So based on the above figures at todays market value of $939.29 an ounce, that thing is worth a cool $7,315,190.52.

Nice find!

486 pounds and 12 onces of solid platinum!!!??? For lack of a better reaction - that's not possible ... with platinum worth over $950 per ounce.

I suspect hardwood painted with silver paint as more likely what it's made of! 😉

P.S. Could a 1-ton dually 4X4 PU even carry 486 pounds and 12 onces - plus the crane - plus the backhoe - out there (unnoticed) so as to deal with setting that thing up vertically stable? I think not - but maybe another cup of coffee will help me think more clearly.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I read that it has been found on Google maps and it was placed late 2015 to 2016 by evidence of photo history and obvious shadows. Nice work to stay under the radar for 4 or 5 years.

August 2015

October 2016

I assume it will eventually be removed. I hope it is just relocated to the ranger station or similar.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder how much C-4 it would take to dislodge that? :W

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
OkieGene wrote:
WonderHussy probably knows all about it

Nah. It isn't in Nevada. She has definitely been to some places that I would like to camp at sometime though.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Confederate monument hidden inside and the protesters around the country haven't found it yet.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the Ferengi left it there, oh no, they value latinum, lol.

schlep1967 wrote:

Nice find!
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
WonderHussy probably knows all about it

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Seems like minimal impact. Sort of cool project I think. I wonder how long it has been up before it was discovered.
Probably get removed eventually just like the bus in AK.
Would not want these popping up everywhere but I would be OK to let the one stand as long as it does not cause a hazard or disruption to wildlife.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure they are planning on removing it.

That was a humorous story, the reactions of the pilot and crew were good!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Didn't see ANYTHING about the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources REMOVING IT??

So folks due to Internet Story WILL be hunting for it.....
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31