cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heading home from the Keys ????

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
How time flies when you spend a week of January in paradise!
We checked out of Fiesta RV on Long Key at noon and heading 1,350 miles home.
We had rain much of the week, but didn't let that ruin our trip. We spent one full day til late nite in Key West, and one morning visiting Bahia Honda SP, where I took a 3 minute swim in both the ocean side and the gulf side despite windy rain and temp in the '60's.
Thank you all who gave me advise in the way down, and thanks to all the friendly residents we met. See you again soon!

Our RV site 190.

Our cabin site 149 viewed from bedroom loft

Morning coffee enjoyed on this covered porch every day
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles
4 REPLIES 4

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
El Niรฑo has it's pros and cons. It kept hurricanes away from Florida but it is also suppose to be a wetter than normal winter in Florida. Based on the weather we've had the last few days, I believe it. 4 tornadoes touched down in Sarasota last night alone.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Come on back to paradise as soon as you can.
We have been wintering down here for five months for many years now.
Unfortunately your weather was the most rain and high winds we have had for many years, but it was even worse yesterday with almost gale force winds, and thunder storms as well as a tornado warning in Marathon and a water spout sighting.
We had to leave Long Key State Park and drive across the seven mile bridge with two kayaks and a canoe on the truck roof pulling a travel trailer to Bahia Honda State Park. I didn't dare go over 40 MPH, but didn't hold any one up since no one else was dumb enough to drive over it in that weather.

Today was awesome and we paddled our sea kayaks from Geiger key into the wilderness of the Saddlebunches where we know of a shark nursery with too many three footers to count.

jack L
Jack & Nanci

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm jealous; haven't been able to get down there this year. Glad you enjoyed it.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

ontheroad101
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a great site.
Super Wife Linda, me Bob &
(Blazer & Lilly's ashes on board)
2014 Forester Class C, our Blog http://www.bobandlindasrvtravels.blogspot.com/

Sea Eagle Fishermen & Kayak