cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hill country

lvthesunSask
Explorer
Explorer
We are wanting to stay in the Kerrville area for couple weeks in March. Is this an area that we should be looking at making reservations.? Hate the idea of being tied down but wouldn't like it if we couldn't find a place to stay. Our 5W is 40' and we would like a park with FHU
8 REPLIES 8

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarneyS wrote:
I would highly recomment the Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerrville. You can find a link to their website and pictures of the park that we took duing our month long stay there a few years ago here.. Great area with many things to see and do! Rates were very reasonable and it is also a good jumping off spot to visit other hill country attractions and areas. We will return there some day.

I would recommend making a reservation but they had numerous open sites all the time we were there in March.
Barney
X2 By far one of the nicer places, you will like Kerrville. They do get somewhat busy during Spring break which is in March so I would make a reservation.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would highly recommend the Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerrville. You can find a link to their website and pictures of the park that we took during our month long stay there a few years ago here.. Great area with many things to see and do! Rates were very reasonable and it is also a good jumping off spot to visit other hill country attractions and areas. We will return there some day.

I would recommend making a reservation but they had numerous open sites all the time we were there in March.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

OTTO
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Triple T

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
You can judge the possibilities of open sites by contacting Kerrville Schreiner Park (old Kerrville State Park) or Buckhorn Lake. You would need a site 201-220 at Kerrville Schreiner. There are other camps in town too.
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
If you're using a more popular private park, then yes make a reservations. Texans that time of year love to camp on the weekends, and SA is just south of Hill Country so there is a large population to deal with. Spring break will also be going on that time of year and you will also get competition for sites because of that.

Now if you're planning on a public park with non-reserveable walk up sites, then show up on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday and you should be alright for claiming a site for those two weeks. Again spring break can be a game changer in some locations.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

LakeEffect
Explorer
Explorer
We love hill country too!
You better make a reservation....
2011 Cougar 291 High Country
2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0
2 Kayaks, 2 bikes, golf clubs and hiking shoes
Suzuki V Strom 650
Cody, Yellow Lab/Brittany mix

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
TexasShadow wrote:
March is a pretty popular time..the beginning of spring in the hill country, so yes, I'd make a reservation.

I would too. It's a beautiful place.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
March is a pretty popular time..the beginning of spring in the hill country, so yes, I'd make a reservation.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.