cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jantzen Beach RV Park - Portland, OR

jstaffon
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Portland next week and staying at Jantzen Beach RV Park. Anyone know if the bugs will be bad? It's on Hayden Island and I'm worried about standing water and mosquitoes.
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali, Duramax
2016 Forest River Rockwood 8299BS

Jeff
Idaho Falls, Idaho
---
8 REPLIES 8

jstaffon
Explorer
Explorer
Bigdog wrote:
If you have a shorter term back in site, you're probably right up by the front. Jantzen Beach is also my go to park as I go to Portland several times a year to eat. Never had any problems with missing stuff and the fulltimers are all very neat. In fact, some really neat folks live there.We usually get a pull thru up in the 900 series as we're in a 40' DP..

Thanks! They have us in the back (looks like it's near the pull throughs). Since our rig is 34', she said we needed to be back there because the sites are bigger. We're looking forward to it.

We're coming in on 84 then jumping on the 205 across the river to 14 and back into Jantzen from the north. Traffic on the 5 scares me! Hope there are no surprises! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jeff
Idaho Falls, Idaho
---

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a shorter term back in site, you're probably right up by the front. Jantzen Beach is also my go to park as I go to Portland several times a year to eat. Never had any problems with missing stuff and the fulltimers are all very neat. In fact, some really neat folks live there.We usually get a pull thru up in the 900 series as we're in a 40' DP..
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

jstaffon
Explorer
Explorer
jmtandem wrote:
Yikes! Thanks for the warning. Coming from a small town (50,000) in Idaho, we don't even think about stuff like that. Jantzen must not have very good security there, huh?

Our stay at Jantzen was about four-five days. I liked staying there and would stay again. The aircraft noise did not bother me and it was far less in the evening/night. It is the sound of commerce and a good economy. We had no issues with stuff missing. However, some others apparently did. I would keep valuables locked and out of sight. Most big city RV park security is what you make it. It is typically not provided to the extent that there is never anything to worry about. My recommendation is to stay as close to the front entrance as possible, near the pool area. That is the shorter stay folks, farther back are the longer term folks and that was where some folks had a problem.

When I talked to the lady at Jantzen, she said we had a "back in" site. Normally the pull throughs are the short term. We're staying for 7 days. I'll contact them and see if I can get a spot closer to the pool and front entrance. Thanks for the advice!

Jeff
Idaho Falls, Idaho
---

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yikes! Thanks for the warning. Coming from a small town (50,000) in Idaho, we don't even think about stuff like that. Jantzen must not have very good security there, huh?

Our stay at Jantzen was about four-five days. I liked staying there and would stay again. The aircraft noise did not bother me and it was far less in the evening/night. It is the sound of commerce and a good economy. We had no issues with stuff missing. However, some others apparently did. I would keep valuables locked and out of sight. Most big city RV park security is what you make it. It is typically not provided to the extent that there is never anything to worry about. My recommendation is to stay as close to the front entrance as possible, near the pool area. That is the shorter stay folks, farther back are the longer term folks and that was where some folks had a problem.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

jstaffon
Explorer
Explorer
jmtandem wrote:
We had no issues at Jantzen with bugs. Be watchful about leaving valuable stuff out. Sometimes they grow legs.

Jeff
Idaho Falls, Idaho
---

jstaffon
Explorer
Explorer
BluegrassBill wrote:
Its not the small bugs you have to put up with, Its the big bugs landing and taking off from PDX, Noisy.

My son lives on the north side of Portland. We chose Jantzen Beach for that reason. Anything else in the Portland area that's nicer to stay at? The airport concerns me. We stayed at Pueblo El Mirage just south of Sun City West in Arizona. The RV resort was on the runway center-line, 2 miles from Luke Air Force Base. Now that is noisy! You can't even carry on a conversation outside the camper with all the military aircraft taking off every few minutes. Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Idaho Falls, Idaho
---

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had no issues at Jantzen with bugs. Be watchful about leaving valuable stuff out. Sometimes they grow legs.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

BluegrassBill
Explorer
Explorer
Its not the small bugs you have to put up with, Its the big bugs landing and taking off from PDX, Noisy.
Bill & Kathy Francis
95 Itasca Sunrise 29RQ,P32 454 Chevy, Banks,ECM chip.Safe-T-Plus, Bilsteins, Super Steer Bell Crank, Stewart Stage 1 Waterpump, Severe Duty Fan Clutch, OilGuard Bypass Filter, Coolant Filter. Rear Tracbar. 1-5/8" Front Swaybar.