cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kaibab Camper Village

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Said to be the closest RV park to the Grand Canyon North Rim, and has hookups. Its 45 miles from the Rim.

Has anyone had experience here?

Kaibab CampeRVillage
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.
8 REPLIES 8

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there about 10 years ago and enjoyed it. I would not hesitate to stay again and had talked to the RV Park staying last September but our plans changed. One adventure we did was to get a MAP from the National Forest Office in Jacob Lake and drive the forest service roads to the Grand Canyon. In addition, keep an eye out for the Kaibab squirrel--we saw several. We did visit the North Rim in Sept 2017 but stayed in a cabin at the Lodge.

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
Funny story.
We stayed at the Lee's Ferry campground in May a couple of years ago. It was 100* we left there and headed to the North Rim and stayed at Demotte campground that night it was 18* .
Demotte is a great campground and I would highly recommend it.
Jesseannie

armadillo_17
Explorer
Explorer
We were there this Fall. Nice park. Some extra rules on water usage. They must have to haul it in. Left my water pressure valve and hose brass fitting on the electric box. Enjoy!
Jon in S/W Missouri
2007 Winnebago Class C
2012 Jeep Patriot (Manual Transmission)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like the USFS CG just north of the Inn and the cafe there is not a ripoff.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
DeMotte national forest service campground is very nice and would save you a lot of driving. It's at the national park entrance - beautiful in fall with the yellow aspen trees in full color. No hookups so just come in with a full tank of water and empty holding tanks and you'll have no problems during your tour of the North Rim.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
If you can dry camp, stay at the NP CG
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
missnmountains wrote:
Warning...do not miss the campground. There is a sign that says RV park 1/4 mile. It is actually only a hundred yards. We missed it and had to drive quite a ways before we could turn around.
Ken

^^^^^ This. Good advice.

Was at the North Rim in October as the season was closing. Though we did not stay there at Kaibab Camper Village (stayed at the North Rim), we explored the area, so some additional information for the OP.

You'll be coming in on US 89A. There will be signs as you approach Jacob Lake for Jacob Lake. There's a curve in the road and a visitor's center, fuel station, and Jacob Lake Inn on the outside of the curve. My suggestion would be to pull in there, by the visitors center, simply to get your bearings on the area.

To add a bit of confusion, across the street, on the inside of the curve, is the Jacob Lake Campground. This is not the Kaibab Camper Village. To reach that one, you need to go south on AZ 67 (slowly!) and watch for the signs on the right side of the road. As Ken advised, it's not far, so keep a sharp eye out. Kaibab Camper Village sits off the roadway, so when you make the right for the entrance, be aware that you need to drive about 1/4 mile off AZ 67 to get there.

As Ken also said, if you miss the turn, you may have to go quite a ways to turn around. And yes, it is about 40ish miles from Jacob Lake to the North Rim area. When you reach the Kaibab Lodge and North Rim Country Store, it's another 7 miles to the entrance to the park, and then another 7-8 miles to the North Rim CG and the Lodge area.

It's an incredibly beautiful area, so if you have the time, explore as much as you can; you won't be disappointed!
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there in 2014. Very nice campground. I do not think it is that far to the park headquarters at the north rim. We just drove our Jeep down in the mornings.

There is plenty of hiking and four wheeling. Not much shopping around that area.

Warning...do not miss the campground. There is a sign that says RV park 1/4 mile. It is actually only a hundred yards. We missed it and had to drive quite a ways before we could turn around.

Ken
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369

Our Blog: Lawrence Adventures