Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lassen Volcanic National Park Opens

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
The park opened yesterday for day-use.

And quickly demonstrated how functionally illiterate some of us are.

The Park Ranger was literally begging everyone to wear mask and maintain social distancing which was unheeded.

There was a big sign infront of her to stop at the line so visitors can approach her one at a time and need not converged across the table. But these too was ignored with the whole family across the table when it's just the dad or the mom who need to be asking the question and getting (and need) the info.
9 REPLIES 9

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
jdc1 wrote:
2oldman wrote:
They don't want their "freedoms" infringed.

And, I might add, that ranger doesn't want that freedom to be the cause of infecting him and his family.

And I thought we who love the outdoors and nature would act like the more responsible adults.

I also thought that our recreational activities should be the first to be opened up since we do it in wide open spaces.

Now I understand why. We are not better.

All of my years of RVing have shown that RVers are a representation or cross-section of society in general. They are no more intelligent or polite than the general public. The only generalization I have is that RVers with dogs are generally worse than non RVers, especially when it comes to expectation of special privileges.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
2oldman wrote:

And, I might add, that ranger doesn't want that freedom to be the cause of infecting him and his family.

And I thought we who love the outdoors and nature would act like the more responsible adults.

I also thought that our recreational activities should be the first to be opened up since we do it in wide open spaces.

Now I understand why. We are not better.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
And some people wonder why the United States has the highest infection rate in the world.
I think the post above tells the story of why the rate is not dropping as quickly as other countries. Which is really unfortunate.

If you don't test anyone does that mean you don't have any cases?

NY, NJ, are the petri dish of the US.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., said:

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."

Or the freedom to move around ends where another person's freedom to not have their space invaded begins.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œThe Park Ranger was literally begging everyone to wear mask and maintain social distancing...โ€

Not going to happen. Difficult now to get many to wear masks even inside stores etc. โ€œIโ€™m not afraid of the virusโ€ is frequently heard.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
And some people wonder why the United States has the highest infection rate in the world.
I think the post above tells the story of why the rate is not dropping as quickly as other countries. Which is really unfortunate.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dumbass Nation is what I call it.