Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lassen Volcanic National Park

S-n-L
Explorer
Explorer
Hey All,

Looking for input on where to stay with a 45' motorhome for a few nights while visiting Lassen Volcanic National Park. I read about dry camping in the Manzanita Lake campground (in the park) but I'm not sure about the roads leading there. We will be coming from the San Francisco area probably heading north on I5.

There is a KOA in Shingletown that got excellent reviews but a little pricey.

Any other suggestions?

If you have any experience in this area I would love to hear from you.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Leslie
Stuart & Leslie Offer

2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45-Caspian IV, Cummins ISX 600. 2014 Jeep Cherokee limited,Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full timing since June 1, 2014
4 REPLIES 4

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't been here but it's one that I would definitely stay. It's a forest service campground but even has 30/50A and is good for big rigs as stated in the highly-rated review:

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/california/lake-almanor/almanor-legacy-campground-usfs
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
If you do a search, "Hat creek RV" you should get about 3 hits and all are nice RV parks. They are on the other side of the park. I would stay at manzanita but if not, I would go here - especially if north is the next direction.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Check out Childs Meadows. Rustic but close to one of the entrances. If you are there for a couple of days drive over to the Lava National Monument area in your toad.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
S-n-L wrote:
Hey All,

Looking for input on where to stay with a 45' motorhome for a few nights while visiting Lassen Volcanic National Park. I read about dry camping in the Manzanita Lake campground (in the park) but I'm not sure about the roads leading there. We will be coming from the San Francisco area probably heading north on I5.

There is a KOA in Shingletown that got excellent reviews but a little pricey.

Any other suggestions?

If you have any experience in this area I would love to hear from you.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Leslie

Based on the Manazita Web site, 40' is the Max. length:(:(:(. If you don't mind a little drive up to Lassen Park, there are a number of RV parks in Redding and Red Bluff.