cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Legoland Florida

daveINmd
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for any insight on campgrounds near LEGOLAND in Winter Haven Fl. We will be there around the week of thanksgiving. Also any ideas on local places to go and see and great little local places to eat. We will be in a 42 foot 5th wheel and need 50 amp.
Thanks for any ideas
6 REPLIES 6

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
Cypress Campground is nice and near Legoland. Go to RVparkreviews.com to check out the campground (it has a 7.5) and is located near Winter Haven, also check out Haines City and Winter Haven restaurants.Believe me there are many. Manneys'(open at 4 in Haines city is good as is Egg City(open for breakfast and lunch also in Haines City. We winter in Haines City. Tampa and Ft Wilderness are too far away because the morning and evening commute is a bear.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
We live 10 minutes from Legoland and pass by Cypress Campground all the time. It looks nice to me and a place I'd stay if you want to be close. Sorry can't help on restaurants. Don't frequent them much.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at this park for a few days nearly 5 years ago while passing through the area. Wanted to go to a spring training game in Lakeland. It was clean and while there appeared to be some longer term residents most were snowbirds like us. It's just west of US27 on Hwy 540 called Cypress Campground and right next to a Walmart. Not far from LEGOLAND as I recall.

https://www.cypresscampground.com/
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Disney's Fort Wilderness when we went to Legoland. It's less than an hour to Legoland and then you have lots to do around Disney.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lazy Days has a CG that will accommodate you and isn't a bad drive to Legoland. Gatorland is a fun place to visit for a few hours.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Legoland...went once. What a mistake.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad