cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outer Banks in Late October

TEO
Explorer
Explorer
My Navigator has her heart set on spending the end of October at the Outer Banks. We live in Florida and it will probably be cold then, but this is what she wants. Does anyone have any idea of campgrounds that will still be open at that time? I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Paul

Paul & Helen

2002 Winnebago Journey DL:)
1999 Jeep Cherokee toad :C
Yellow Lab, Jodie, Chocolate Lab, Coco :B, and Lab/Golden mix, Sandy.:B
FMCA 98905
http://ptempesta.blogspot.com
8 REPLIES 8

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Frisco National Park campground is also open. No hookups, but nice large sites.You can walk to the beach and there is a grocery store gas station across from the entrance.We were there in May and loved it. If you like history,I would recommend the Life Saving Museum in Rodanthe.October can actually be nice with the gulf stream bringing warm water north.

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
Late October is a great time to visit the Outer Banks. We like mid spring and mid fall.

We've always stayed at the KOA because they have a large field on the sound side of the road that the dogs can ruin and play in the sound. (Dogs off leash on the beach is agains National Seashore rules.)

That said, two years ago, the KOA started a policy that we don't like. (They said it is a restart of an old policy.) To guarantee a particular site when registering, you must pay an additional $20 (1 time fee) above their already high prices. If traveling alone, that's not an issue; we don't ask for a particular site. The rub comes when traveling with someone. To guarantee that you and your traveling companions will have adjacent sites, both must pay an additional $20. For years, we have use the KOA in early April with two or three other rigs. We haven't been back since they started this policy. Instead, we go to Huntington Beach State Park in Murrells Inlet, SC, which is closer to home than is the Outer Banks.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Wonderful time of the year to be there. Restaurants and bars arent crowded, parking and beach access is easy, temps are mild to warm during the day, in the 60's at night. Just watch the weather for hurricanes and your good to go. Being your from Fl, thats old hat.

Aadkins101
Explorer
Explorer
We go to the Cape Hatteras KOA in Rodanthe, NC every October. Last year, we had a number of days where we were actually hot sitting on the beach. We love it there at this time of year. No crowds and usually very good weather, but it can be a bit windy. Not many restaurants open, unless you head north to Nags Head.

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at Camp Hatteras during November before. The weather can be great or not so much. We were lucky.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were at the Delaware shore late October last year and it was very pleasant, but the we're from New England. I don't think you'll have any issues finding a place to stay. Check rvparkreviews.com and look for reviews submitted in October.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Camp Hatteras twice the last two years and plan on making our long trek back again next year. Love it there. Staff is very nice.

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ocean Waves closes on Nov 15th. It is a smaller private campground with concrete pads. KOA and Camp Hatteras are open all year mostly though I am not 100% positive about that time. KOA and Camp Hatteras are double the rate in season. We have been going down there for a long long time and always stay at O Waves.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023