cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for RV park in KC, MO for 30+ days

kep5niner
Explorer
Explorer
I'm relocating to Kansas City, MO, and for the first 30-60 days I plan on using my 30' TT as a home base until I get established, purchase a home, etc.

Are there any RV parks you would recommend? I've searched the web, and frankly, the reviews are pretty scary. Does anyone have any RV parks they could advise, that allows 30+ nights consecutively? I'm shooting for the north side of town, if possible.

Thanks for your input!
2016 Salem Hemisphere 368 RLBH / 2014 F250 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke / 2011 Bayliner 315 / T/5.0 MPI
9 REPLIES 9

mds1
Explorer
Explorer
I know the original post is a few months old but wanted to point people to my blog page concerning Kansas City area RV parks. I've been researching looking for spots to stay when returning home. Wanted to share the research in case someone later searches the information.

If anyone has another KC area parks they would like me to check out just ask.

Link to Kansas City RV Park Information
Mark from Missouri

http://www.ourfutureinanrv.wordpress.com.

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually LB 6.7L HO Diesel Aisin Transmission 4x4 3.73 Gears

Looking to soon purchase Vanleigh Vilano 320GK 35โ€™ fifth wheel 16,000-pound GVWR

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
There is a campground very close to Worlds of Fun -- just north of the river off 435. I would guess that lots of construction folks as well as the occasional WOF customer would use this. Don't know the name, but you could likely find it with Google Maps. This would give you handy access if you are working in the city. Smithville Lake would be nice but quite a drive.

kep5niner
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the replies. Looking for sites that can support 30+ days is definitely a limiting factor. I talked to Basswood, and their online price was not correct. I got a good site for about $500 for the month. Thanks again for the input!
2016 Salem Hemisphere 368 RLBH / 2014 F250 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke / 2011 Bayliner 315 / T/5.0 MPI

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Jackson County has 3 CGs in the Lee's Summit area that are pretty nice but they have a 14 day max limit. If you don't mind moving every two weeks it might be something to look at.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
How about The Campus RV Park in Independence? Is that too far away? It gets ok reviews. Didn't post their monthly rates on their website.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
do give Smithville Lake rv park a call because it is city owned, not federal and so they may give you a monthly rate.
basswood is in a pretty area and looked nice a few years ago when we looked at it. but they are pricey, as you have found.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

mds1
Explorer
Explorer
The people over at the http://rvlifeisgoodtoday.blogspot.com/2012/07/first-week-at-rv-park.htmlRV Life is Good blog stayed long term at Basswood.

If you are wanting something north of the river on the Platte County side. As for Clay County, I've not found one yet. You might call Smithville Lake and see if they allow a monthly deal.

Lived in KC all my life. But only recently started checking out parks.
Mark from Missouri

http://www.ourfutureinanrv.wordpress.com.

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually LB 6.7L HO Diesel Aisin Transmission 4x4 3.73 Gears

Looking to soon purchase Vanleigh Vilano 320GK 35โ€™ fifth wheel 16,000-pound GVWR

kep5niner
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback. That's one of the places I did see, with some mixed reviews (taken with a grain of salt). The monthly rate was about $1,000. That seemed a bit steep, but I've never camped long-term, so that does equate to about $30 / night, which is typical. Thought that a monthly rate would be a bit more economical.

Thanks again!

bamcote
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if they have a time limit or if it's convenient for your job location, but we have stayed at Basswood Resort in Platte City, MO. It is north of the KC airport (if you stay at Basswood, you will hear jets during the day-not too bad at night when we stayed there.) when we we're there, it appeared a lot of people used the campground as a place to stay while working in the area-construction workers, etc. it was fairly quiet other than the jets during the day.
DH, DW, Tildie, Bella and
Molly the Maine Coon
and Greta the shorkie pup

2008 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z
2007 Saturn Vue AWD with Ready Brake Brute