cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LTVA Quartzsite

wd
Explorer
Explorer
I have a side x side that has a green sticker for CA. Do all of the LTVA areas have trash, water, and dump and Is there one of the LTVA areas that I can ride the washes to the big tent since I'm not street legal? I have been to Quartzsite but never looked at this scenario. Thx
23 REPLIES 23

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
All the dust kicked up from those quads is a good way to get sick as a dog with Valley Fever. As bad as Whooping Cough trying to shake the cough for months.

64thunderbolt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never been there but we that live here have to have an OHV tab on our SxS. If on maintained rds it has to be reg, ins, and street legal.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
That's cool! Utah has it at towns of 7500 people. Guess I'll have to check it out. How are they on the reciprosity thing with other states? I've just never gave it a thought to ride there yet, but been real close to the border in Idaho.

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
Camorhino wrote:
pnichols wrote:
Camorhino wrote:
We are AZ tagged on ours and pretty much go anywhere, and haven't had problems.

Are you from CA? If so, how were you able to get AZ tags on your SXS?

By the way ... do you happen to know about the requirements for driving SXS's around in NV and UT while camping there on both public land and in private CG's?

We had an address in an AZ RV park and were there over 30 days. Take your title in to DMV in AZ, pay the fees, have renewal sent to your home address, renew by computer every year, keep your CA green sticker valid for reciprosity in other states. You do have to have insurance from an AZ insurance company. Ut is okay with ATV's, stay off the State Highways. I can't speak to NV as I haven't ridden there. Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, S. Dakota were a non issue. A friend says Oregon, with AZ. plate is okay. Google "street legal ATV" for each state, it's readily available info. As you know, it don't happen in the Golden State.......
Washington state just passed a law that in towns of under 15,000 people, you can license an SxS, quad etc for the street.
1997 HR Endeavor Turbo Diesel

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
Quick note....I went back and checked all my reciprosity paperwork for the states we ride in. Wyoming has NO reciprosity with any state and no grace period. You must buy a non-resident sticker for 15$, but my last paper work says they do allow it to be street legal. Sorry for the mis-information.

KampingKris
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick note, we got stopped last year at Burger King in Q for not being street legal. Got a big warning. Only one of our rigs was legal.Got the rzr plates from Idaho. However, don't have AZ insurance, so if they check all the paperwork, we wouldn't pass. Got Cali insurance, but of course, that isn't good enough. And Im sure the calif insurance wouldn't cover anything on a street legal road anyway.
Sooo... they do check sometimes. And unfortunately for us, it was a "borrow" cop from Cali. He knew we weren't street legal from our stickers.

But he was okay. Just wanted us to know that the free-wheeling days of Q were over and we'd have to ride by the rules.
KampingKris & FiremanSteve
Jada - American Eskie princess
2008 Tiffin Allergro Bus
2010 Polaris 850XP
2010 Polaris RZR

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
For those wanting more Az. info

http://azstateparks.com/ohv/rules.html

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
No, it is an OHV decal required by the state. The RED sticker is an emissions decal, only to be ridden certain times of the year. Mostly on the 2 strokes that I've ever seen it.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok, so the green sticker is an emissions thing.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
Here's one site http://4wheeldrive.about.com/od/offroadatvbasics/a/where-do-i-register-my-atv-by-state.htm

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
Camorhino wrote:

By the way ... do you happen to know about the requirements for driving SXS's around in NV and UT while camping there on both public land and in private CG's?

We had an address in an AZ RV park and were there over 30 days. Take your title in to DMV in AZ, pay the fees, have renewal sent to your home address, renew by computer every year, keep your CA green sticker valid for reciprosity in other states. You do have to have insurance from an AZ insurance company. Ut is okay with ATV's, stay off the State Highways. I can't speak to NV as I haven't ridden there. Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, S. Dakota were a non issue. A friend says Oregon, with AZ. plate is okay. Google "street legal ATV" for each state, it's readily available info. As you know, it don't happen in the Golden State.......

wd
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
wd wrote:
I have a side x side that has a green sticker for CA.
What's that?

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camorhino wrote:

2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
You're okay on the green sticker for 30 days in AZ. Just follow the main wash up to the north on the west side of the 95. It will take you right to the parking lot at the big tent. If you hit the bridge, you've gone too far. AZ doesn't pick on the SxS's in town, but I can't speak to Quartzsite PD. We are AZ tagged on ours and pretty much go anywhere, and haven't had problems.