Prodigy Brake Control
2006 Honda VTX1300s (mine)
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Better Half)
2012 Outback 279RB
17 REPLIES 17

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, take exit 20/ Jonathon Creek Road / Hwy 276 off I40 and you will pass Creekside and Pride on your left less than 2 miles from interstate. Between these 2 and I40 is where you can turn and go across the mountain towards Tenn and see the elk that have been moved into that area.. Small winding roads but ok for a car or truck. There are some other cg's on 276 that have signs but are back off of the main road. I have never visited them.

Wb, you are gonna have to slow down and smell the roses more. :C
Gary

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We must be missing part of Maggie Valley. The several times we have driven through on our way to Cherokee, we did not see anything worthwhile or feel that it would be a place to stop. Is there more to it than Highway 19 going through it?
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Bob_Shaw
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at Winngray several times and didn't have any issues with them. Also an excellent restaurant in Waynesville is Maggie's Galley,, and if you're looking for higher-end dining, try the Old Stone Inn.

forthefunofit94
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Chef's Table Restaruant! We stayed at Creekside and loved it. No problem getting into the site (we were on a curve).
David & Karen Castellon
2015 F150 XLT
302 w/tow & anti-sway package
Backup camera & brake controller
EQUAL-I-ZER hitch

mikebo
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't have any trouble since most of the sites around me were empty. Some of the sites would be tight for a longer outfit, but thatis something that you see more and more.
Mike

2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2010 CRV toad

rede2travel
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Creekwood Farms and because of the layout of the sites, we had to ask 2 people to move their tow vehicles so we could back up and then pull out at their specified angles.... We are not novices and with 30 years experience, George could back up and put the tt on a dime....not the driver's fault..a little tricky with their parking requirements.
Retired George & Retired wife Diane
2006 Ford F250 Lariat
2005 Keystone Sprinter 278 RLS

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
We've stayed at Stone Bridge the last 2 years for a few weeks in the summer. The place really went down hill last year and we won't be going back. In the 3 weeks we were there last year, they never cleaned the rest room floors, the walls were covered with mold and the roof leaked. The pool was ripped out of the ground and there was only a mud pit where it used to be. Stop at Snappy's restaurant for a great meal, the Wheels through time museum is super if you like antique American made motorcycles. Another outstanding restaurant is in Waynesville called the Chef's Table. Go see the elk in Cataloochee Valley -- best in late afternoon/ early evening.

Hate to hear that about Stone Bridge...but always appreciate getting updated info about rv parks.

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
mikebo wrote:
We just left Creekside Farms which is on 276 just off of I40. A few miles from Maggie Valley. Very nice campground, good wifi and very clean and modern.
Mike

Creekwood Farms? Did you have any issues with getting into your site? Have read that backing in is difficult because their rules require tow vehicles to be parked perpendicular to TT or motorhome.
What was your experience?
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
You will be pleased with Pride RV as it is a well run campground. Stonebridge is getting many mixed reviews of recent times. Morgan Resorts, bought Stonebridge, during our last stay there and some of the employees were not too pleased with the changes they saw coming. Morgan owns many campgrounds in the eastern US and has, in the recent past economic downturn, had problems. They sold off part of the parks but not Stonebridge, to try and become solvent financially again. Not a good situation for anyone, owners, employees, or clients.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

stoney0264
Explorer
Explorer
We have selected Pride Cg for thIs coming Weekend. Thanks For The Replies.
Steve & Tina
3 grown DD's (Don't camp with us much)
Duke (Yorkie)
Bailey (Boxer)
1999 Chevrolet 2500 4x4 6.0L and 3.73
Prodigy Brake Control
2006 Honda VTX1300s (mine)
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Better Half)
2012 Outback 279RB

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Creekside last October for a week. Very nice CG.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
1st Pride
2nd Creekside
These 2 are located beside each other just off I 40 at Exit 20
Gary

mikebo
Explorer
Explorer
We just left Creekside Farms which is on 276 just off of I40. A few miles from Maggie Valley. Very nice campground, good wifi and very clean and modern.
Mike
Mike

2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2010 CRV toad

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've stayed at Stone Bridge the last 2 years for a few weeks in the summer. The place really went down hill last year and we won't be going back. In the 3 weeks we were there last year, they never cleaned the rest room floors, the walls were covered with mold and the roof leaked. The pool was ripped out of the ground and there was only a mud pit where it used to be. Stop at Snappy's restaurant for a great meal, the Wheels through time museum is super if you like antique American made motorcycles. Another outstanding restaurant is in Waynesville called the Chef's Table. Go see the elk in Cataloochee Valley -- best in late afternoon/ early evening.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard