cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Michigan parks - help googling?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I'm usually pretty good finding things on the all mighty GOOGLE but my mojo fails me.

I'm looking for a calendar or document that lists the 2014 opening dates for Michigan State Parks, 2014 year.

Some parks list dates on their reservation page, in the notes, but most are not.... maybe no such master list exists this year because of the record breaking winter?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
7 REPLIES 7

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
pa traveler wrote:
Looks like most are already reserved,do they have some that are not reserved at these parks? That are first come basis?

Yes, there are usually always walk-in spots available, for those who did not make reservations. They're not the best spots in the park though, usually near bathrooms, dumpsters, or weirdly shaped.

I like the shoulder seasons... don't want to be there when the park is in Walmart Parking Lot Mode - every single bit of open space crammed with cars, trucks and campers. A reservation will get you a spot in this mess, if that's your thing.

The more remote parks don't seem to fill, even during peak season. Lake Gogebic in the UP is beautiful lakeside camping in Northwest UP... I was there late August and the park was half empty. Of course, it's not near any major population center like the parks in lower Michigan, it's not near any expressway, it's not near any shopping malls or even walmarts. Nothing around but nature for 100 miles in any direction.

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like most are already reserved,do they have some that are not reserved at these parks? That are first come basis?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
jfcoopjr wrote:
I haven't seen the 2014 Operations schedule, but I've been paying attention to this... (dated 03/28/2014)

Looks like a pretty good turnout of volunteers.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Lol didn't look at the date.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

jfcoopjr
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't seen the 2014 Operations schedule, but I've been paying attention to this... (dated 03/28/2014)
J F Coop Jr/J A Klamer
Hadassah (furry family member/Labradoodle)
2003 Salem 25FB
2008 Nissan Titan V-8 Crew Cab

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Is This what you are looking for?

Yes - is there a 2014 version?

wbwood
Explorer