cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Minnesota Trip

paparry
Explorer
Explorer
Planning a trip to central and northern Minnesota this summer. Would like suggestions on RV parks for families.

Appreciate your response.
Larry / Sheri
& a cat named: Wilson
8 REPLIES 8

Nels_Connie
Explorer
Explorer
Well you may like this one, you can listen to the loons calling in the evening.
fisherman's point campground
04 SunSeeker 2890

paparry
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. We like to swim, fish, be outdoors, camp under the stars. I am sure there are many parks that provide this enivornment.
Larry / Sheri
& a cat named: Wilson

rvtommy
Explorer
Explorer
Look for corp of engineers parks
this is rvtommy

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Central and Northern Minnesota is a vast area. Pretty much covers about 2/3 of the state.
You might get better and more specific suggestions if you can be more specific as to where you might want to be going? What do you like to do and what do you want to see?
Duluth? North Shore? Detroit Lakes? Bemidji? International Falls/Canadian Border? Northwest? Central?
Each of these sections of the state have something to offer. Great State parks throughout.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Duluth and North Shore drive north are impressive. Many state parks are breath taking. Most have camping.
Itasca State Park, this is where the Mississippi River starts, this is really nice.
Minneapolis and south along the Mississippi River to Iowa are also amazing.
This is along the Minn. Wisconsin area.

These are my favorite areas as a lifer in this cold state.

Have fun! Brian

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
Heading that way in June. Going to the head waters of the Mississippi River.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We've only spent a few nights in Minnesota--all at one park, but we can recommend it: "Country Campground" in Detroit Lakes, not far from North Dakota. We would certainly go back there.

Some great scenery and hikes within short driving distance. We were there in late August or early September. Leaves were beginning to change.

NHDad
Explorer
Explorer
paparry wrote:
Planning a trip to central and northern Minnesota this summer. Would like suggestions on RV parks for families.

Appreciate your response.

Was thinking of adding this are to our August trip as well. I'll follow along too.