cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mt. Pleasant KOA information

Linda_VA2
Explorer
Explorer
We thought we would head back to Virginia via Charleston, which we love. Normally stay at a campground off of Route 17 south of Charleston. I would like to know opinions of the Mt. Pleasant KOA as the idea of using a shuttle to get into Charleston is appealing versus finding a parking place for our big Ford diesel. Thanks.
Linda
6 REPLIES 6

Linda_VA2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of your replies. To visit my nephew and wife in Mt. Pleasant, I think the KOA might be the answer and tour Charleston via the shuttle. I think it will be fun just getting out of Virgina for a while.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at that KOA before. Nice folks running it. They even asked me if I wanted to be near the water. I was sitting on the porch talking to the lady when I guy pulled in, came in the office and said, "I don't care where you put me, I just need to sleep and I'm in a hurry". He got a spot under the trees. And the squirrels pounded his roof with acorns all night. There's spots and then there are spots. Not a good idea to be surly with the person assigning them.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Mt Pleasant KOA is a nice park with the usual KOA amenities. If you stay there, check out the SeeWee Restaurant in nearby Awendaw. It's a converted general store that serves excellent low country food in a very laid back atmosphere. You can even get an ice cold Nehi grape soda there... ๐Ÿ™‚
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
With your big ol truck. A shuttle would not be a bad idea. And once in town. You can usually catch the trolley from one end to the other when needed.

Thing about your truck. Depending on when you go. Sometimes you can find a spot on the street. However. IF your truck isn't too high. You can go to the top of a parking garage and find a spot there. Barring that. Ride the shuttle.

Also since you are on the Mt Pleasant side. You can go to the waterfront park under the bridge. A great place to sit and watch the ships, and water.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have not stayed there, but most of the posts on this and other sites have been positive. James Island County Park is also good, and I've been there. They also have a shuttle.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
How about James Island campground? Very nice sites and they have a shuttle into Charleston.
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD