cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myrtle Beach????

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We will be in Myrtle Beach in July the week after the 4th. we are staying at PirateLand. we will be there for 4 1/2 days.
Other than all the obvious touristy things, what other things are there to see and do? I don`t mind driving a bit to see something interesting.

Thanks in advance!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
25 REPLIES 25

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Powder laundry detergent or borax sprinkled on thresholds deters ants in case you encounter them.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Community Alumni
Not applicable
wbwood wrote:
PackerBacker wrote:
wbwood wrote:
PackerBacker wrote:
The ant issue is in some of the storage lots. Trailers are pulled out of storage and put onto sites and folks assume the campgrounds are the culprit when in fact it's the storage lots. Over the many years in Myrtle Beach I've seen this over and over again.

We had our TT stored in storage at both Lakewood and ocean lakes. Never an issue.

I keep our coach at a storage lot for several weeks a year and haven't had ant issues but like I wrote previously I have seen several rv's over the years where the unit came from storage infested with ants. Actually two of my winter neighbors had to spray down their units. They both used different lots in the North Myrtle Beach area.

Maybe they are leaving food in their RV. We never leave any type of consumable in our RV when it's not being used. Even between trips during the year. Takes us all of 5 minutes to get it out and into the house. Of course we only take what we are going to use and often we will just wait to get to where we are going to purchase things. If we have anything left over, we may use it in the house between trips. Just one less thing to worry about (if bugs get attracted or things spoiling/exploding).

Excellent point Brian. We too never leave any food product whatsoever when storing our mh.

... Eric

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
riven1950 wrote:
We drove up to Wilmigton and went aboard the WW II battleship USS North Carolina.

(There were no ant problems there. LOL)

That is right ants are not allowed in NC!

LOL I think they are required to stop at the border!

Thanks for all the input.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker wrote:
wbwood wrote:
PackerBacker wrote:
The ant issue is in some of the storage lots. Trailers are pulled out of storage and put onto sites and folks assume the campgrounds are the culprit when in fact it's the storage lots. Over the many years in Myrtle Beach I've seen this over and over again.

We had our TT stored in storage at both Lakewood and ocean lakes. Never an issue.

I keep our coach at a storage lot for several weeks a year and haven't had ant issues but like I wrote previously I have seen several rv's over the years where the unit came from storage infested with ants. Actually two of my winter neighbors had to spray down their units. They both used different lots in the North Myrtle Beach area.

Maybe they are leaving food in their RV. We never leave any type of consumable in our RV when it's not being used. Even between trips during the year. Takes us all of 5 minutes to get it out and into the house. Of course we only take what we are going to use and often we will just wait to get to where we are going to purchase things. If we have anything left over, we may use it in the house between trips. Just one less thing to worry about (if bugs get attracted or things spoiling/exploding).
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
We drove up to Wilmigton and went aboard the WW II battleship USS North Carolina.

That is right ants are not allowed in NC!

D___M
Explorer
Explorer

Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
wbwood wrote:
PackerBacker wrote:

bigwheelsturnin
Explorer
Explorer
we like...shade in july there..you must have the kids traveling along to go to pirateland...they'll not want to leave the campground...but myrtle beach state park is solid shade...nature...no swimming pool or wave park..tho...
ripleys...big thing down there...whole village set up...shopping...restaurants..on & on
have loads of fun..
we call it...ridin the gravy train...

bigwheelsturnin
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
Check out Brookgreen Gardens which is across the road from Huntington Beach State Park. After you go drop into Muriells Inet for some great seafood.

this is great.. ๐Ÿ˜‰
we call it...ridin the gravy train...

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks everyone. I was only going by what I heard/read on the internet (you know how that goes). it sounds like we`ll be OK! I will bring some ant killer/spray just in case though. Now I just need July to get here!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker wrote:

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Community Alumni
Not applicable

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
Been to Pirateland twice and never had an ant issue.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I have heard that if there are ants at your site that you can call the office and they will come take care of them. But like I said, we never seen them.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L