cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nashville overnight and longer stay

Horizons28
Explorer
Explorer
Nashville is a good stopping point for us on an upcoming trip. On the way out, we want to do an overnight to break up a long leg, then on the way home stop for a few nights and see the sights.
I've checked RV park reviews and see a number of decent parks. (We have a fifth wheel trailer and our friends have a 40' motorhome.) I would like to hear what your preferences are for a quick overnight stop and for a several days stay. (or maybe they're the same place.)
7 REPLIES 7

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
J. Percy Priest Lake Seven points campground is COE right on the lake not far from the city , need reservations locals take up all the lake side sites but a great campground we love it and stay when ever we visit Nashville.
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
We just stayed three nights at Nashville KOA north (AKA Nashville country RV park) Nice place to stay. they have a shuttle that is reasonably priced that takes you into Down town Nashville. Did not have the hassle of finding parking for TV.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

Jmactootall
Explorer
Explorer
Two Rivers for us was a good stop. And a tour bus comes in with reasonable rate. Another trip to take you for dinner and or some shows. Several good places to eat nearby. Opryland motel and Bass Pro shop. about a mile away. Folks were friendly and helpful for our 9 days there.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We liked Two Rivers Campground. Lower price but looked as good or better than the others nearby. Convenient location.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of Nashville posts in this forum.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Overnight stop is any one of the RV parks near camping world. I believe there is a bus stop right there as well but have never used it. If there is then that could be a nice base of operations.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

kevinbti
Explorer
Explorer
Two rivers is a great place The koa is next door as well There is a corp of engineer park that is further east which you might like as its on you way home Its about 20 25 miles maybe less to downtown Nashville