cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a fill in night on the Keys, suggestions please

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
We are at John Pennekamp now for several days and then go to Bahia Honda for a couple of days. We have one open night in between that we need to fill ( unless we get lucky with a cancellation ). Can anyone suggest a CG in the area from Key Largo to say Big Pine key that might : 1- have and opening 2- nice place 3- not cost me a arm and a leg ? Don't want to go much past BH.
Thanks,
PS: 19' TT, 2 adults
9 REPLIES 9

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I did fish some. caught a bunch of grunts I think they are called and some other fish which I think were snapper of some kind.all kind of pan size. also caught larger fish,maybe 1 1/2 lb, looked online but could not figure what it was,beautiful blue color with large scales like a carp and teeth like a sheepshead. no luck with lures / jigs. everything caught on shrimp or squid.did not try a charter, all caught inside the park from shore.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
riven1950 wrote:
jolly roger and big pine key no vacancy. got a place at knights key,70.00,but it is not bad. thanks for the info. move to Bahia Honda tomorrow for a couple of days ๐Ÿ™‚

Did you do any fishing at Pennekamp ?
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
jolly roger and big pine key no vacancy. got a place at knights key,70.00,but it is not bad. thanks for the info. move to Bahia Honda tomorrow for a couple of days ๐Ÿ™‚

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jolly Roger on Grassy Key

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

jvernon
Explorer
Explorer
I spoke with Boyd's today . They had some openings

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas, gives me some places to check out.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
You could try Calusa campground, across the street from K Mart/Publix on Key Largo or Key Largo Kampground behind K Mart
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Jolly Roger (on Grassy Key just above Marathon.) Rates vary, might be about $80 but if you have Passport America membership, half price which makes it about $40. They are pretty full (we're there now).

We filled in a night last year at Jolly Roger and returned this year for a week. They keep improving it - new bathroom reno ths year. New pool last year. Dock out on the water is great for sunset viewing. Staff has always been friendly.

By the way, we stayed at Big Pine Key fishing lodge for a couple of nights last year. Could only get dry camping, and no generators permitted. No pets. Also about $40 so that could work if those issues don't matter.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
1) Big Pine Fishing Lodge 2) Knights Key CG , Marathon
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard