cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a place to stay overnight

kmgk92
Explorer
Explorer
We are headed to Myrtle beach and need to find a good place to stay overnight on the way. We have a 10 hour drive from Maryland and hubby doesn't want to drive at night and we won't be on the road until about 3pm. We should be at the Virginia / N Carolina boarder around sunset. We will be traveling I95. Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

kmgk92
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the ideas. We booked a site at the KOA.

Can-AmDuo
Explorer
Explorer
Carolina Crossroads is our stop for the last couple of trips. Very easy get to from the highway and nice spots with reasonable rate. Nice easy drive into Myrtle Beach the next day.
Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Carolina Crossroads in Roanoke Rapids is the place. Easy access. Pull through sites. Overnight only rates. Swimming Pool. I have overnighted there a few times
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rocky Mount is MM NC 138 IIRC, RV Resort at NC 171. Yogi is about MM 20 in VA. I would do RV Resort. Nice place, nice people, fair prices. It is behind the Showplace on the east side of I95.
Puma 30RKSS

Bill___Kate
Explorer
Explorer
pulsar wrote:
There are 3 choices within 60 miles of each other

Just north of the Virginia/North Carolina border in Emporia

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

Just south of he border

RV Resort @ Carolina Crossroads

A little further into North Carolina

Enfield/Rocky Mount KOA

RV Resort @ Carolina Crossroads is the newest of the three. I think it is also the cheapest of the three for full hook-ups.

Tom

We have stayed at both the Yogi Bear Campground, and the RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads. While the Yogi Bear is perfectly adequate, with nice trees and decent pull through sites, the sites are sand, and they are adjacent to an active railroad. The RV Resort looks brand spanking new, has nice paved sites, and is within is short drive to lots of dining places.
Bill & Kate - Stone Harbor, NJ
w/ Bailey (standard poodle) and Zeke (partipoodle)- both rescues
2018 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab w/ 6.2L gasser
2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX fifth wheel

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
There are 3 choices within 60 miles of each other

Just north of the Virginia/North Carolina border in Emporia

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

Just south of he border

RV Resort @ Carolina Crossroads

A little further into North Carolina

Enfield/Rocky Mount KOA

RV Resort @ Carolina Crossroads is the newest of the three. I think it is also the cheapest of the three for full hook-ups.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Never been there but there appears to be a CG right off of I-95 in Roanoke Rapids, NC called RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads. You can find out more at rvparkreviews.com

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

giantsfan
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Rocky Mount KOA right off 95 quick on and off. All we did was pull in and sleep so I can't tell more than that. It was around 35.00 for a pull thru site.

Hope that helps
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Rock Warrior
2007 Trail Runner 2700BHS
Wife, Two Daughters, One Son and Jazzy the dog.