cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Gorgeous RV Resort Park/Campground

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
I said I would post when the new RV park was opened so here it is!

GOOGLE: Eastpointe RV Resort Grand Haven

For full info and details. It now has several pics of the resort posted. No tent camping allowed. All the commercial buildings around the resort area including the streets/roads are presently being rebuilt also so the entire will look "new" and very upbeat/modern. Many millions of dollars being invested.

If someone want's to make it a "clicky".

Eastpointe RV Resort in Grand Haven, Michigan. Close to 200 extremely deluxe sites very flat concrete paved with outstanding amenities and surroundings. About 80 sites are right on the approx. 1/4 mile long river front with the remaining being just across the interior paved park road. Right on the 280 mile long, deep, and a mile wide at the RV park Grand River that connects directly to Lake Michigan. Also connects to the 7 mile long very clean and deep Spring Lake, Going upstream on the Grand it's wide and buoyed at about 8' deep with it's many navigable connected boating and fishing bayous for another 20 miles. Eastpointe has spent over 2 million $ on their construction alone so far and are putting in approx. 40 boat slips next spring at the resort for the RV'ers for boats up to 40' long. Eastpointe is very well funded. Stay one day or all season as they have seasonal rates too.

11 marinas on the river for any fuel or other needs or wants and yes, food, more launching ramps, and parks too. Walleye, bass, perch, pike, catfish, bluegill/sunfish, and other species. Salmon, lake trout, brown trout, steelhead, perch, etc in Lake Michigan and lots of great fishing in Spring Lake and the area bayous. Roughly 60 miles of navigable waterways not even including the vast Lake Michigan.

Beaches are everywhere including the gorgeous extremely popular huge beach on Lake Michigan in Grand Haven that is annually rated in the top 5 beaches in the entire USA. 88 dining places in the local area with many sidewalk cafes and lots of free live entertainment. Lots of pubs and bars with entertainment also. Many you can walk to from the new RV park or ride your bike on safe walks and/or paved paths.

One block from the RV park is Fricano's Pizza which is one of the only 32 world's exceptional 32 pizza places that was inducted into the World's Pizza Hall of Fame. 67 years and counting of serving the Best Pizza in the USA. A very popular family place and does have beer, wine, and mixed drinks also plus other beverages. There's so many reasons over 7 million visitors come to the Grand Haven area each year and there's 12 RV parks to choose from including 3 popular state parks and lots of big sandunes and endless things, 7 festivals, concerts, dances, museums, miles of boardwalks, 1/4 mile long public pier etc to do, enjoy, and see. Nearly all are free to the public. Very clean and safe 24/7 for everyone of any ages. ZERO rundown or slum areas! Over 160 miles of paved and signed off-road bike paths. bring your own boat or you can rent one. Sailing schooner rides and dining.

This TOTALLY NEW RV park resort is the nicest we've ever seen in our 51 years of extensive RV'ing the USA and Canada. Roughly 100 sites opened about 2 months ago while some construction was still going on one end of the park just to get some management and employee experience and get the park running smoothly. Amenities galore!!!

RV sites are all 25' to 30' wide and 80' to 120' deep, with 18' concrete pads tapering down to 12' wide behind the patio areas and are 70' long. Landscaped and have fire ring pads and excellent lawns. Very large neat exercise and meeting building for RV'ers attached to the check-in/office building. A very large pool and jacousie/bathhouse etc complex in the middle of the resort.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT
43 REPLIES 43

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
I have no problem with the rules other than having to pay for your entire stay in advance. I can count on two fingers the number of times I had to do that in over 150 campground stays.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
2012Coleman,

Your "transposed" CG insert pic attempt has the Eastpointe Resort size at only about 1/10 it's actual size and is very misleading! It's a large RV park!
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
RavenNS,

If you had actually read the rules you'd know that it said:

NO "carpet" on the GRASS

NO "clotheslines" and since when isn't the awning arms of your own RV a place to dry items and then actually put them away like normal people usually do? Awning arms are ATTACHED! NO clotheslines are a liability insurance requirement as they catch people and children in the throat area especially after dark and the victims are often not seen until too late. Same rules in most other CG's - national, state, local, private CG's in the USA.

NO Add-A-Rooms etc are because they also rent seasonally and many to most seasonals have "stuff" etc all over their site and it usually looks like a pig pen! Constant complaints on this and other forums and from other RV'ers about long term pig pen site conditions and it discourages most people from even staying there.

The grass etc at Eastpointe rivals any excellent golf course and they want to keep it that way!

It's not a slum or low life type park by any stretch!

Everything is to be "parked"/"driven"/"on your rented sight" - not a vacant site or on vegetation - parked/driven on the paved roads etc. ALL sites are paved 18' wide for more length than the patio area. The flat smooth concrete patios themselves are approx 12' X 24+' and then taper. How big is "big enough" for you?

NO RV's over 10 years old allowed UNLESS the unit's condition/appearance etc is approved by the management! Very clearly stated!

Quite standard rules today in most upbeat decent RV parks and campgrounds in the USA. The very same rules apply in nearly all the National Park CG's, State, Local, and Private CG's we've camped in - (51 years RV'ing and many dozens in the USA and Canada). Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore (from which we spent the last couple days in and retured home yesterday), will evict you if you violate these same rules as we have seen them do it and my nephew was a ranger there for many years, so he knows! Ant tents or rooms must be inside the timber bordered designated area with NO exceptions! ALL vehicle wheels of any wheeled item including a trailer's tongue must be on the paved area or you will be GONE with ZERO refund! Adhere to a CG's rules or don't stay there! I served on the Board of Directors of a very large 2 resort unit having over 1400 RV sites total for 9 years and know so well what a PIA some people are or their un-diciplined/controlled kids are. I did not own nor did anyone in our family own the resorts. Most seemed to be a chip off the same type parental block!

Eastpointe is not a slum or low life type park nor is our entire region and why it's so extremely popular to visitors/RV'ers! At Eastpointe, they even come by each day and pickup your trash for you! If you don't like decent, sensibly orderly, and clean surroundings, you may be happier in the low quality or rustic CG's etc. No one makes you go to or stay at Eastpointe anyway and attitude is a very big part of happy surroundings, stays, and vacations!

RavenNS
Explorer
Explorer
The rules seem a little over the top. I don't know, maybe these strict rules are normal for this area? You can't have a carpet touch the grass... Okay it says it has a 25foot wide pad on the two lower categories and yet in the pictures it looks like the pads are much smaller than 25feet wide... Zero room for an outdoor mat. No add-a-rooms, no screen tents of any kind. Can't dry your towels outside unless you have a built in attached drying rack. Does this mean that you can't hang up your wet towels on your awning bars? And they want you to put it away as soon as it is dry.
No trailers over ten years old. I have seen trailers that are over ten years old that look like they are almost new.
Maybe these rules are normal for that area, I just felt that they are a bit strict

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
answerswillvary wrote:
There is absolutely NO evidence that member, travelnutz, has any commercial interest in this RV Park.

Over the years he has graciously assisted many other members with their travel and RV Park questions.

I, for one, appreciate him sharing his impressions of this new RV Park in his area.

Sandi (Moderator)

I agree. the guy has been a member for quite a while! almost as long as me. I knew right away he was just offering some info.

Thanks for the info.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
There is absolutely NO evidence that member, travelnutz, has any commercial interest in this RV Park.

Over the years he has graciously assisted many other members with their travel and RV Park questions.

I, for one, appreciate him sharing his impressions of this new RV Park in his area.

Sandi (Moderator)

2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoyed Van Buren state park there and enjoyed the city as well as the surrounding area. I plan to go back. I might take a look at this place.
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

Beachums
Explorer
Explorer
You guys need to calm down, there is a Starbucks nearby.
2004 Ford Expedition 4X4 3.73 w/quick shift kit
Reese DC Straight Line/ Prodigy P2 Controller
2010 Coleman CT 250 GS

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
Best of luck to the new RV park. New parks are few and far between these days.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Aadkins101, but this place is so new, the satellites have not taken a picture of it. So I transposed the CG image from their site over the satellite image. Camping in an industrial area is not my cup of tea - but bravo to those who reclaimed the spot of a former factory and turned it into paved paradise.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Aadkins101
Explorer
Explorer
Oh Golly, Miss Molly! I for one, am appreciative of anyone who directs our attention to a new spot to stay. You can then do your own research and make a decision as to whether or not you wish to give it a try, rather than blasting the poster.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
Well travelnutz you seem a little too excited about this place.

Agree and it comes across as "suspicious" but thought I would give the link a look and be objectionable.

The individual site picture does appear as the sites are pleasantly designed. Granted, there are no large trees but what can one expect since the place was just constructed. I'm sure the facilities are also well designed and since they are new, should be very pleasant.

However, for an investment that is claimed to have spent multi-millions of dollars (I'm not questioning what they invested in the resort) it looks like they spent about $25 on their web site. That web site is amateur quality at best and it desperately needs help. Navigate over to the Rates and Rules and I was completely turned off. The place is at the upper end of pricing and I am not opposed to spending money when it's worth it. But, the cancellation and deposit policy... for such a popular area, their cancellation and deposit policy is rather strict. Then the rules. I understand having lots of rules to keep the piece but they really should consider limiting what rules are posted online and then have the full set upon check-in. Their rules posted online the way it is now makes it as though the North Korean government is running the place. Not sure I'd want to spend the money to go there strictly based on their website.
I love me some land yachting

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
It's going to need alot more trees to even get close to making my "best" CG's list though. Thanks for sharing...

X2
water treatment plant turned me off too.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
sch911,

I have no connection of any kind. I'd posted an info thread maybe 6-8 months ago about this new CG being built and said I'd post more again when it opened and so I did! That's my only so called connection if that means anything...

BTW, a lot of trees have been planted already. We could use at least another 1500-2000 camp/RV sites around here as it's so hard to even get one now with the 12 CG's already here as so many RV'ers sure do know and mention so often on this forum and others. Extremely popular area with so much to do and enjoy!

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Well travelnutz you seem a little too excited about this place. There must be more to your connection to this place than what you've shared for sure. That not withstanding it does look like a pretty nice CG as long as the wind is blowing in the correct direction. We may have to give it a try. It's going to need alot more trees to even get close to making my "best" CG's list though. Thanks for sharing...
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad