cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Gorgeous RV Resort Park/Campground

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
I said I would post when the new RV park was opened so here it is!

GOOGLE: Eastpointe RV Resort Grand Haven

For full info and details. It now has several pics of the resort posted. No tent camping allowed. All the commercial buildings around the resort area including the streets/roads are presently being rebuilt also so the entire will look "new" and very upbeat/modern. Many millions of dollars being invested.

If someone want's to make it a "clicky".

Eastpointe RV Resort in Grand Haven, Michigan. Close to 200 extremely deluxe sites very flat concrete paved with outstanding amenities and surroundings. About 80 sites are right on the approx. 1/4 mile long river front with the remaining being just across the interior paved park road. Right on the 280 mile long, deep, and a mile wide at the RV park Grand River that connects directly to Lake Michigan. Also connects to the 7 mile long very clean and deep Spring Lake, Going upstream on the Grand it's wide and buoyed at about 8' deep with it's many navigable connected boating and fishing bayous for another 20 miles. Eastpointe has spent over 2 million $ on their construction alone so far and are putting in approx. 40 boat slips next spring at the resort for the RV'ers for boats up to 40' long. Eastpointe is very well funded. Stay one day or all season as they have seasonal rates too.

11 marinas on the river for any fuel or other needs or wants and yes, food, more launching ramps, and parks too. Walleye, bass, perch, pike, catfish, bluegill/sunfish, and other species. Salmon, lake trout, brown trout, steelhead, perch, etc in Lake Michigan and lots of great fishing in Spring Lake and the area bayous. Roughly 60 miles of navigable waterways not even including the vast Lake Michigan.

Beaches are everywhere including the gorgeous extremely popular huge beach on Lake Michigan in Grand Haven that is annually rated in the top 5 beaches in the entire USA. 88 dining places in the local area with many sidewalk cafes and lots of free live entertainment. Lots of pubs and bars with entertainment also. Many you can walk to from the new RV park or ride your bike on safe walks and/or paved paths.

One block from the RV park is Fricano's Pizza which is one of the only 32 world's exceptional 32 pizza places that was inducted into the World's Pizza Hall of Fame. 67 years and counting of serving the Best Pizza in the USA. A very popular family place and does have beer, wine, and mixed drinks also plus other beverages. There's so many reasons over 7 million visitors come to the Grand Haven area each year and there's 12 RV parks to choose from including 3 popular state parks and lots of big sandunes and endless things, 7 festivals, concerts, dances, museums, miles of boardwalks, 1/4 mile long public pier etc to do, enjoy, and see. Nearly all are free to the public. Very clean and safe 24/7 for everyone of any ages. ZERO rundown or slum areas! Over 160 miles of paved and signed off-road bike paths. bring your own boat or you can rent one. Sailing schooner rides and dining.

This TOTALLY NEW RV park resort is the nicest we've ever seen in our 51 years of extensive RV'ing the USA and Canada. Roughly 100 sites opened about 2 months ago while some construction was still going on one end of the park just to get some management and employee experience and get the park running smoothly. Amenities galore!!!

RV sites are all 25' to 30' wide and 80' to 120' deep, with 18' concrete pads tapering down to 12' wide behind the patio areas and are 70' long. Landscaped and have fire ring pads and excellent lawns. Very large neat exercise and meeting building for RV'ers attached to the check-in/office building. A very large pool and jacousie/bathhouse etc complex in the middle of the resort.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT
43 REPLIES 43

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
It's time to shut this thread down. Too many personal attacks! ๐Ÿ˜ž
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
paulcardoza, etc,

Not confrontational but informative!

Perhaps you or others did not get to read the deleted posts before they had been deleted on this thread. Would be self-explanatory! Some forum posters don't think or research or even visit or haven't visited the venue etc to get the facts and see before they post what they do. Nothing wrong with posting verifiable facts so the truth can be told as it should be!

Personally, I don't care if "they" ever go to or stay at Eastpointe RV Resort or this area. I have nothing to gain or lose by them not coming or staying. It's their loss, not mine, and will not affect the CG's viability and positivity. When it's good, it's good!

Our very popular area could easily support an additional 4-5 CG's to add to the 12 already in the area for RV'ers and campers and also the high number of seasonals wannabes as so many can't get a site here now or for so many years in the past.

There are "reasons" they/visitors come here to the area year after year and then their kids later bring their families too for vacations and the constant fun. Why do you think they'd keep on coming back if they didn't like it???
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I feel like I just got cracked on the knuckles by a ruler wielding nun!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad
WOW !! Who peed in your cheerios?

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
How did such a simple informative post turn so confrontational? What's this forum coming to?
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
DUH!

Tax money (6% sales tax) collected from visitors and/or residents goes directly to Lansing to the general fund (the capitol of Michigan). Not one dime stays in our area!

Property taxes do stay in our area but are only collected from PROPERTY TAXES on property actually owned here. Sure doesn't come from visitors!!!

Money spent on CG's, restaurants, groceries, fuel, etc does benefit local merchants some and why their business is even here and operating but how is that different than when the same is spent in a visitor's own home town? Still need groceries, fuel, will use the restaurants, etc, and may or not have CG's or anything to attract visitors to start with.

A little enlightening for some of you posters: Thriving business operations and residentials sections and a local economy created by being a very popular visited area increases property values greatly so the taxable value is also greatly increased and raises property taxes paid. It certainly does NOT lowwer them! Our Downtown business area has an occupancy rate of 98% to 100% annually and is very solid, stable, clean, upbeat, friendly, extremely safe, with so much FREE parking all over the Downtown area. The entire Downtown area has heated sidewalks and streets also so no snow or ice in winter or shoveling or piles or hauling away. Parking lots are kept clear also. A thriving Downtown as those who have been here already know this! Do it right and "they" will come and "they" sure do but only during 12 months of the year! The 7 million visitors each year may not agree with some of the comments posted here by some!

One motto saying often on a downtown marquee in winter for several years says: "Come heat your feet in Downtown Grand Haven". Most of the stores Downtown are also linked together with inside wall doorways so you can go directly from stores to stores without even going outside. Also has clean heated well maintained flushing toilet buildings (most are tiled) for the public. 11 of them around town! One has 7 tiolets each in the mens and womens side

That's a big double/triple/quadruple/etc winner and is so well liked by the customers! How many of you doubting Toms and non-thinking posters can say these things about your hometown's Downtown business climate??? Anyone??? Most Downtown areas have gobs of vacant and or rundown buildings in their Downtowns in the USA.

Any more BRIGHT IDEAS?

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I have no problem with travelnutz or his posts that proudly describe his home state. There is nothing wrong sharing your excitement and wanting others to benefit. As for the "others" - I think there were two, they are in the minority on this.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
An ex-Michigander here...Grand Haven is a destination city and very popular. We've visited often. This park will have no problem filling up daily in summer. Thanks, Travelnutz!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Let me first say that I have never met Travelnutz before, but have read his comments on this forum for years. He's very proud of his city, Grand Haven, and he should be, it's very attractive. He's an RVer that has traveled extensively in Michigan, especially west Michigan. I have too. I do not believe he has any specific interest in this new park other than it's in his hometown. Also, it's nearly impossible to get a spot at the state park there and I'm sure he's excited to let people know there will be a new park in town. I may give it a try next year, especially now that I have a 5th wheel that's not 10+ years old.

This park is the fouth fairly new RV park/resort that's popped up in the past few years. They're all working that upscale approach to camping. Silver Creek up near Mears/Silver Lake, Sunnybrook near South Haven, Traverse Bay RV Resort in Willamsburg/Traverse City, and now Eastpointe in Grand Haven. They are very popular and I suspect there may be a trend here in an attempt to corner upscale Rvers. There may be more, but I'm not familiar with them. This is a positive occurrence in my view because more RV sites the better for campers, park owners, and the tourist industry overall. West Michigan is a beautiful area and it's getting harder to find a campsite along Lake Michigan. Glad to see more options.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
We, wife and I, are long retired and receive absolutely nothing in compensation in any way for my posts about our area or anything else. Nothing wrong with the truth!!!

We surely don't need the money or any compensation as we are NOT poor! All I post is the easily varifiable and it's so easy to check truth about this area. If you do not believe me or think I'm posting anything wrong or in error, simply come here to West Michigan to our area and see for yourself!!! Then report on this forum what you'd seen with your own eyes! Please investigate deeply as it may open your eyes! This thread was posted to inform readers of an excellent new RV park that haa opened. Some readers/members must not be able to stand reading good news...

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I can see how you came up with your forum handle. I'm not sure how my subtle sarcasm prompted all that information overflow. If it makes you feel better, I'll keep checking the satellite images and post a real picture of the CG when available. Just rattling your cage a little - I'm glad you like your state. I'm originally from there as well.

Maybe you should update Wikipedia or something..... ๐Ÿ˜›

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
2012Coleman,

Not hardly closer as you have the entire Eastpointe RV Resort all jammed into a small corner right next to the waste water treatment plant on the river front!

I didn't say you did it on purpose but rather pointing out the huge discrepancy in your posted transposal having a miniture sized CG mislocated on a MANY times larger parcel of land it actually occupies and the relationship. We live and have lived for over 73 years only about 3 miles from Eastpointe RV Resort and see it a couple times a week when in that area of the city and the CG goes well over 1/4 mile away from the plant.

A little info:

Eastpointe RV Resort is on the corner of Fulton and Beechtree which used to be US-31 route (only having 2 lanes in both ways - 4 total) thru the city and went thru a residential section on the east side south of the US-31 bridge before the new US-31 was re-located in the 1950's roughly 1 mile west with a divided very wide median multi-lane highway which is going to be made even wider again now.

The Grand River bridge at Grand Haven has from 90,000 to 120,000 vehicles a day going over it as it's the ONLY bridge over the wide Grand River for 16 miles going upstream from Lake Michigan where a new .8 mile long limited access bridge and highway will be opened for use the end of this month. 5 years of construction for the long bridge! The limited access by-pass (B-231) is to drain off some of the US-31 traffic and connects to I-96 on the north side of the river.

US-31 was the major US highway going all the way from Michigan's Upper Peninsula all the way to Mobile. AL and heavily used by Chicago, Indianopolis, Louisville, Nashville, and so many other Midwest states and Cities vehicles going north or south. Over 50 million people live on the US-31/I-65 long corridor. Most of US-31 is now re-named !-65 with part in Michigan being I-196 for about 100 miles to where it connects to I-96 and US-31 again.

West Michigan (Grand Rapids and the 60 mile long lakeshore area has had very high growth in population for many decades now and has almost 1.5 million population now. Direct Grand Rapids Metro Area has grown to over 1 million today and keeps on growing as does our entire area. The opposite of the Detroit-Flint SE Michigan. Grand Rapids is approx 32 miles east of Grand Haven and is a very nice, clean, prosperous very modern spreadout city with new many very tall buildings over 25 and many more under construction today. So much to do and see there too and only half an hour away on Interstates.

There's more than 40 total CG's just in this small local West Michigan area alone and it includes 14 of Michigan's over 100 State Parks with CG's. Camping, RV'ing, boating, fishing, vacationing, beaches, etc are extremely popular around here and thruout the entire state. Not only the Great Lakes shoreline areas but Michigan has over 11,000 inland lakes and 40,000 miles of rivers/and streams and all are UN-SALTED fresh water. Add in that over 50% of the state is forested which is so nice for camping and hiking etc.

I know my state quite well and what a fun place it is! 51+ years of RV'ing and boating etc in it and not about to stop!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
2012Coleman,

Your "transposed" CG insert pic attempt has the Eastpointe Resort size at only about 1/10 it's actual size and is very misleading! It's a large RV park!
Sorry - I was just trying to help. No intention to mislead anyone. I guess making it bigger will put it even closer to the sewage treatment plant :E

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
lbrjet,

I agree with you as to not having to pay in advance. I too feel it's bad business and just plain wrong! Maybe they will get smart and change it as they should. Things happen in life and so often when the timing is terrible.

My 85 yr old blind brother and his in poor health wheelchair wife purchased airline tickets and special needs to come here for a week in West Michigan from West Palm Beach area on October 22nd this year to visit all their family once again as their "days" are limited now. They grew up here and have lots of family here but have lived in Florida since the 60's as that's were his occupation took him. They also bought a ticket for their RN daughter to come along too help both of them and help with their healthcare needs etc for the trip.

3 weeks ago, his wife was rushed by ambulance to the hospital with chronic severe issues and only a 50% chance of surviving at best in intensive care. Severe diabetes and needs dialysis 3 times a week and her dialysis company (DaVita Pdi) has a branch only about 2-1/2 miles from our home here. She's still in intensive care and hanging on but the airlines won't refund a dime of the over $1500 they paid including luggage costs that were prepaid and told almost a month before their flight time. Just offered them to advance their flying date to a later time subject to the airline's approval within 6 months or lose them of the ticket date and attached a $100/ticket additional cost even to that. I think that sucked too and it certainly wasn't planned or avoidable!

Prepay is not only a problem with RV Resorts/camping/or other activities and it shouldn't happen. Just running their business off their customer's advanced purchases with no assurance they will ever receive what they'd paid for. Like going for groceries and paying fully for what you think you want to buy before you even leave home. OR Paying for a new vehicle fully before it's even in the production schedule to be made. OR Paying for your dinner at a restaurant before you even get in your vehicle to go there! All is simply wrong and a huge turnoff!!!