cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Gorgeous RV Resort Park/Campground

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
I said I would post when the new RV park was opened so here it is!

GOOGLE: Eastpointe RV Resort Grand Haven

For full info and details. It now has several pics of the resort posted. No tent camping allowed. All the commercial buildings around the resort area including the streets/roads are presently being rebuilt also so the entire will look "new" and very upbeat/modern. Many millions of dollars being invested.

If someone want's to make it a "clicky".

Eastpointe RV Resort in Grand Haven, Michigan. Close to 200 extremely deluxe sites very flat concrete paved with outstanding amenities and surroundings. About 80 sites are right on the approx. 1/4 mile long river front with the remaining being just across the interior paved park road. Right on the 280 mile long, deep, and a mile wide at the RV park Grand River that connects directly to Lake Michigan. Also connects to the 7 mile long very clean and deep Spring Lake, Going upstream on the Grand it's wide and buoyed at about 8' deep with it's many navigable connected boating and fishing bayous for another 20 miles. Eastpointe has spent over 2 million $ on their construction alone so far and are putting in approx. 40 boat slips next spring at the resort for the RV'ers for boats up to 40' long. Eastpointe is very well funded. Stay one day or all season as they have seasonal rates too.

11 marinas on the river for any fuel or other needs or wants and yes, food, more launching ramps, and parks too. Walleye, bass, perch, pike, catfish, bluegill/sunfish, and other species. Salmon, lake trout, brown trout, steelhead, perch, etc in Lake Michigan and lots of great fishing in Spring Lake and the area bayous. Roughly 60 miles of navigable waterways not even including the vast Lake Michigan.

Beaches are everywhere including the gorgeous extremely popular huge beach on Lake Michigan in Grand Haven that is annually rated in the top 5 beaches in the entire USA. 88 dining places in the local area with many sidewalk cafes and lots of free live entertainment. Lots of pubs and bars with entertainment also. Many you can walk to from the new RV park or ride your bike on safe walks and/or paved paths.

One block from the RV park is Fricano's Pizza which is one of the only 32 world's exceptional 32 pizza places that was inducted into the World's Pizza Hall of Fame. 67 years and counting of serving the Best Pizza in the USA. A very popular family place and does have beer, wine, and mixed drinks also plus other beverages. There's so many reasons over 7 million visitors come to the Grand Haven area each year and there's 12 RV parks to choose from including 3 popular state parks and lots of big sandunes and endless things, 7 festivals, concerts, dances, museums, miles of boardwalks, 1/4 mile long public pier etc to do, enjoy, and see. Nearly all are free to the public. Very clean and safe 24/7 for everyone of any ages. ZERO rundown or slum areas! Over 160 miles of paved and signed off-road bike paths. bring your own boat or you can rent one. Sailing schooner rides and dining.

This TOTALLY NEW RV park resort is the nicest we've ever seen in our 51 years of extensive RV'ing the USA and Canada. Roughly 100 sites opened about 2 months ago while some construction was still going on one end of the park just to get some management and employee experience and get the park running smoothly. Amenities galore!!!

RV sites are all 25' to 30' wide and 80' to 120' deep, with 18' concrete pads tapering down to 12' wide behind the patio areas and are 70' long. Landscaped and have fire ring pads and excellent lawns. Very large neat exercise and meeting building for RV'ers attached to the check-in/office building. A very large pool and jacousie/bathhouse etc complex in the middle of the resort.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT
43 REPLIES 43

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is no train or factories near the new resort. Just office buildings and residential homes with a couple restaurants, a decent bar, a couple stores, a coffee shop and a hair studio. To the west a few blocks are the huge new very fancy brick new large winter pleasure boat/cruisers storage buildings from the RV Resort. All the boat storage entrances are on the opposite side of their buildings anyway from the resort and they are not even used at all during the warm months as the boats are in the water at the many marinas around here. It's a boating heaven as forum member "avan" had said in his post. We are also bigtime boaters!

Got to love the negative posters who have never even seen what it's like around here or near the RV Resort! They need all the free love they can get! DUH!

The nice new fancy brick "Glass Source" warehouse and offices building is the closest building to the resort and their delivery area is on the building's opposite side from the resort. There's really nothing derogatory to disclose about the area around the RV Resort. A very quiet end of town with several very well kept public parks! The google maps view is an old aerial pic and it looks much different today!
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at a park in WI once that had a train nearby. They were very clear on their website that the train ran nearby. I probably wouldn't stay again because it was in general a very loud place but I would have been upset if I wasn't warned on the train.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
westernrvparkowner,

All of the resort sites are alike even those not along the river. They are complete now and lots of trees have also been planted too. I'm hoping the resort will add an aerial view to their web site too. The view is spectacular over the mile wide river from any of the sites.

Grand Haven is "Tree City USA" and has been each year since they first started awarding the distinction so many years ago. Also, by act of the U.S. Congress, which approved the bill to designate Grand Haven, Michigan as the original "Coast Guard City USA" and is where the "U.S. Coast Guard Festival" is held each year in late July and early August and has been for the last 90+ years. Roughly 500,000 attend each year and so much fun for all ages! Yes, nearly all events (35-40 each year) are free to adults and children! It's the way things are done here!!! We know as we've lived here for over 73 years now and sure won't move away. For over 25 years, we were 2 of the over 1200 local people who so happily worked and volunteered to make each festival a very big success. Just was time for the younger to take over as advanced age limits so many previous activities.

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy, etc,

Being kind of close to a water treatment plant was a concern but after years of study and monitoring, very rarely can there be any smell at all because it's so rare to have the wind blow over the area of the resort. Besides, the plant uses lots of odor control tactics/methods and actually burns the waste in sealed furnaces. The liquid released into the river is odorless and nearly drinkable as it's the law here! Years ago there was an occasional odor that could come from the waste water plant but that has been 99% corrected long ago.

Do you really think anyone would spend 4+ million dollars to put a very expensive resort next to a smelly sewage plant??? Or now spend many millions more to rebuild the commercial buildings/stores/restaurants etc around that area??? There are no factories in that local area since the huge Eagle Ottawa Tannery was torn down and the soil cleansed or replaced and certified clean.

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aadkins101,

YES, there are several Lake Michigan pure sand beaches that have leashed dog areas of the beach. Also in many of the parks along the Grand River and also allowed to be off leash in the areas large fenced in dog parks. One is located only roughly 200 yards SE of the new resort property and there's a walk going to it from the resort. There's also a boat launching ramp in that city park, a ball field, BB courts, picnic area, and flushing restrooms.

However, the Ottawa County Health Department like most health departments in the USA does not allow dogs/pets to be inside where food is sold and/or eaten nor inside the approx. 3' high decorative fenced in area of sidewalk cafes but the dog/pet can be just 2' away from you on the other side of the decorative fence if on a leash while you dine. This applies to friendly dogs as aggressive dogs are not even allowed downtown nor should they be. We (wife and I) are 54+ dog lovers also and have many during our very long marriage and presently have a registered show stock 3-1/2 year old wonderful Siberian Husky. Our 6th Siberian! Our area and the CG's around here are very dog friendly! Rules are: On a leash and picked up after with no exceptions when in public.

daglenn1960
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoy the Grand Haven State Park too much, but it will be another option as the SP is hard to reserve without early planning. Built on the site of a former Eagle Ottawa Tannery (factory) I would be more concerned about it's location re: other factories/plants, though I've never explored that side of town: Eagle Ottawa Tannery news story
2011 Cougar 276RLS
2007 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73
Dave, Sarah, and Ely (weim)

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Is that a sewage plant next door?

On Google Maps it's labeled as the "Grand Haven Waste Water Treatment Plant"! ๐Ÿ˜›
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

IAMICHABOD wrote:

IT SURE LOOKS THAT WAY
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Aadkins101
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a place we might want to visit. Do you know if there are any nearby beaches that allow dogs on leashes? Or any dog friendly restaurants on their outside patios?

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Here -

Clicky

It looks nice
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Rivers meander/curve and many lots, whether on a meandering river or curving road, are pie shaped. What, no cul de sacs in MT? ๐Ÿ™‚ According to the write up, the concrete pads taper narrower towards the rear. Might be because the lots lines also taper towards the rear/river?
www.putt10.net

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Great town. We had our boat slipped at North Shore Marina for a decade or more and Fricano's was always a 'must stop'. I understand that there are other Fricano's now in W. Michigan but not sure any would compare with the atmosphere of the old grey lady.
www.putt10.net

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
BTW, I nor we nor our family have any attachment nor financial interest in Eastpointe RV Resort in any way. Just posted so others would know it's there and what it's actually like. Just simply beautiful+.