cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New York to Fort Wilderness in Disney

Mysteryiam
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. We will be planning a trip for spring from NYC to Disney with our new Fifth Wheel camper. Two adults; one dog and no kids. I am the only driver, so I will make two stops on the way down. I hope to keep my driving time between 6-8 hours per day. We are content with an RV park as opposed to state parks. Any recommendations off I95 in VA.; NC; or SC. would be appreciated, thanks.
19 REPLIES 19

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry. Double post.Not sure why.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with South of the Border. 100 full hookup sites. Some pull throughs and free wifi. You can use the swimming pools at the hotel. $32 a night. Easy on and off I-95.

We are just north of Philly..... for you, Americamps in Ashland VA would be about 7 hours or so depending on exactly where you leave from , and the time of day..

From there,north Georgia would be the next stop in that time frame.....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Try the trip planner at KOA.COM.
It is under the "Find & Reserve" tab now.

I find that the KOA banner takes some of the guess work out of finding a "good" place to park. You usually cough up an extra $10 to $15 per night for the quality. They aren't perfect. I found one that was barely adequate.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out south of the border (SOB) on 95 near Dillon SC. You don't have to buy anything while there but it helps our economy!
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT