cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Niland to Quartzsite overnight w/ FHU

rvgrammady
Explorer
Explorer
I will be in Niland SLABS in Jan.3-13. I will be heading to Quartzsite and would like to overnight somewhere on the way... (either go up to Indio then out I-10 or to Brawley to Blythe and to Q)
with Full Hook-ups, just for the night before boondocking again.

Any suggestions? Also, I know it's prime winter time and the week before the RV Tent show in Q. I have a tow so would like pull-thru so I don't have to unhook for one night.. Picky ya think?

Thanks,
1997 Allegro Bay 35' Chevy
1998 Saturn SW2 Wagon, Automatic
Blue Ox Aventa II, Patriot Brake

"We'll be friends until I'm old and senile, then we'll be new friends."
5 REPLIES 5

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have towed my 40' 5th wheel several times on Box Canyon Road. It is a nice two lane road and a good shortcut to/from I-10.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

rvgrammady
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I do want to dump & fill water... but I would also like a good long hot shower. I know there is place in Blythe just before the boarder that was a KOA but really overcharge $48 a night. also Mayflower and Hidden Beahes but neither of those have pull thru's. and unhooking for a night is a bummer, but looks like I'll have no choice.

I'll check out 88 shades ... someone stayed a night there Jan 2013 and they had some pluu thru's left... before coming to the boondock area.

Also, I might try Oasis Palms in Thermal or Desert Hot Springs... they are
North of the SLABS and just come back thru Indio to I-10. Anyone ever go from
Meca (right by Indio) on Box Canyon Rd. to I-10... seems to be a cut off from Hwy 111. I will post this on roads also, just thought I'd ask here too.

thanks for all the suggestions.
1997 Allegro Bay 35' Chevy
1998 Saturn SW2 Wagon, Automatic
Blue Ox Aventa II, Patriot Brake

"We'll be friends until I'm old and senile, then we'll be new friends."

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking that you want a FHU site so you can dump and top off the fresh water.
You could stop by the Pit Stop on 95, just north of Main Street, dump and get water for about $15.(last year rates)
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
I also agree with godavid, and recommend you making a reservation. Things are slow here so far, but during, before, and after the show, you may have trouble finding a park with open spaces, much less one that lets you only pay for one night.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

godavid
Explorer
Explorer
Hi rvgrammady,
I live in Quartzsite, so the easiest way to get here is thru Brawley on Hwy. 78. Between Blythe, Ehrenberg, and Quartzsite, there are a lot of RV parks. Get on RV park Reviews and check them out. The most parks are in Quartzsite. Hope this helps you.