cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not too early for Halloween, have been on a spooky campsite?

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
First off, I don't believe in ghosts, evil spirits, etc. My wife is and even half jokingly mentioned we pass by Salem for the witches. She got my church's sticker on the bumper of my truck. I told her it's not this Salem but it's in MA.

But rounding back from Washington, we have to overnight in an Oregon campsite because the next national park campground is just too far for my 300 or 3pm rule.

For some reasons, as soon as I entered this private campground, I felt a bit of unease -- bad juju -- there are no kids playing, people won't look you in the eye and everyone I meet seems pale and not been under the sun much.

Come evening, at exactly 12 midnight, I woke up with a nightmare that my possessed wife was about to kill me and I can even see the red-eyed demon behind her. And then somehow, I imagined I am hearing some chanting and imagined other campers I saw earlier surrounding our camper in some kind of satanic ritual.

I though of my 45 ACP and trying to recall my Catholic education on whether it's bullet dipped in holy water or silver bullet that kill evil forces.

Anyway, I remember I don't believe in this stuff and went back soundly sleep.

I told this story to the wife at breakfast and for the first time, she helped me decamp and we managed to leave the campsite in record time.
14 REPLIES 14

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
winniman wrote:
ksbowman wrote:
We took a trip to the LBL a couple years ago and I asked my wife if we could spend a few days in a more remote area so I could bowhunt while we were there. We found a remote area where we could be by ourselves and set up. If you are familiar with the area you know there are a lot of old farmsteads with family cemeteries by them. I scouted the first day and found some good deer activity next to one of the cemeteries. I set up a trail camera to see what was moving thru before setting a stand. I had a real uneasy feeling there like I was being watched. Next morning this was on the camera. My wife wouldn't stay there afterwards.

I wonder who the creepy kid is hanging out with the deer. What a weird photo. Did you feel like you saw a ghost or what?
Only thing it could have been is a ghost at night in an old cemetery!

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
ksbowman wrote:
We took a trip to the LBL a couple years ago and I asked my wife if we could spend a few days in a more remote area so I could bowhunt while we were there. We found a remote area where we could be by ourselves and set up. If you are familiar with the area you know there are a lot of old farmsteads with family cemeteries by them. I scouted the first day and found some good deer activity next to one of the cemeteries. I set up a trail camera to see what was moving thru before setting a stand. I had a real uneasy feeling there like I was being watched. Next morning this was on the camera. My wife wouldn't stay there afterwards.

I wonder who the creepy kid is hanging out with the deer. What a weird photo. Did you feel like you saw a ghost or what?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Well, unbelievable as it may sound, there are Spiritualists camps that still worship the dark side. There's a spiritualist camp not to far from where I live. Its had quite the reputation since I was a small kid. I'm now 64.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Whoa! Thatโ€™s a kid who are not supposed to be outside at that late evening.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Silver bullets kill Werewolves.

There goes my expensive Catholic education!:S

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
"........everyone I meet seems pale and not been under the sun much."

Good grief
It is Oregon

:B

I though it's Washington with their unrelenting rains?:h

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Silver bullets kill Werewolves.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
"........everyone I meet seems pale and not been under the sun much."

Good grief
It is Oregon

:B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Two Jayhawks wrote:
Good one. Steven King could probably make millions with just that as a story line.

There was no chainsaws so it might not be script worthy.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Good one. Steven King could probably make millions with just that as a story line.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Bert Ackerman wrote:
Perhaps its time to lay off the sauce?

In Oregon, weed is legal and everywhere-- so it must be second hand smoke.

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps its time to lay off the sauce?

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been successful with a wooden stake through the heart of the witch/warlock but then of course one unsuccessful attempt and its curtains.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad