cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ocean Lakes - RV washing companies

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever used one of the mobile RV washing companies? (I recently had back surgery and am unable to wash it myself. ). How much does it cost? Do they do a good job? How do I get up with them?
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
14 REPLIES 14

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
That is what I heard about them D & M
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Beacon Truck Wash is still around a buck a foot and they are open 24 hours at a lot of locations. They use sprayers and brushes I have been going to them for a long time and they never damaged my motorhome. They use wands and brushes. Takes them about 15 minutes. It's not like they use a 400 psi power washer. They wouldn't be in business long if they were damaging vehicles. Wish there were more of them around
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
I was always afraid that the truck washes that use high pressure jets would hurt the decals and window screens. But many truck stops have a crew there who hand wash tractors and trailers.
Gary

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Lol I hear ya. Maybe hit one of the truck washes on the way there. I've heard they are in the $40-50 range for a wash. Save the wax for later.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the post. It might have to stay dirty. Lol

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Used Keep It Clean a couple of years ago. Terrific job - was & wax. We had our 36ft Pace Arrow at the time and it was $290 in 2010. Highly recommended.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
The Keep It Clean guys would have charged me over $300 for my 35 footer if I had got the wax with the wash, but I didn't. Can't remember what I paid, since it was in Easter, 2012 and my review post has been deleted from the site. I believe it was somewhere in the $120 to $150 range. Very thorough job, yet quick. These guys know what they're doing. Even washed the neighbours truck for nothing since they got some overspray onto it.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
And thanks to the moderator for deleting the post from the guy in Md and our replies back to him.
Gary

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I thought keep it clean was more expensive than that, but I might be wrong. And i'm thinking of waxing as well. I thought they were the only ones allowed to be used in OL and heard something of the sort, but the last time we were there (last month), I saw a two person setup washing a trailer. They had a pickup truck and were pulling a trailer with the water tank on the back.

I know that I paid a guy and his friend around $300 last year for a wash/wax job of my TT (31' box). That included a tip. I want to say that they priced $8-9/foot to do it.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

jayco304
Explorer
Explorer
You want to use "Keep It Clean". Ocean Lakes and all the big campgrounds have their number in the front office. I think this is it 843-318-6076.
Please visit www.cram-a-lot-inn.com to learn more about our travel adventures.

2000 F350 7.3PSD
2010 Jayco 324BHDS Travel Trailer

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedoc wrote:
We had our 40 footer washed there, which included the top and they did the tired (no wax however) $80 These guys do not mess around they get after it and it looked good when they finished

Thanks.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had our 40 footer washed there, which included the top and they did the tired (no wax however) $80 These guys do not mess around they get after it and it looked good when they finished
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

maznchle
Explorer
Explorer
Hi There, Look in the park's office as some have business cards posted on their boards. I had ours washed and waxed in nashville two yrs ago for 180.00 32ft mtr hm. nice job also. paul.

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
I have never used the service in MB but I did in TX and the guy charged me $100 to wash my 34' fiver. He also said if I had others to do it it is best if I don't let them use a pressure washer. I have seen several use a pressure washer so if they use it correctly my guess is it is safe. YMMV
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins