Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

North Georgia Mountains

Looking at a possible trip up there in late July or early August. Looking for some experienced recommendations in the Blairville, Blue Ridge, Ellijay area. Read a few reviews on RvParkReviews but some of the reviews people post are more about poor Wi...

California Super Bloom

For the second year in a row CA has a Superbloom in the desert. If only you didn't have to go there to see it.

Key West suggestions other than Boyds

We (2 motorhomes) are going to Key West in May. We were going to Boyd's until they told us our dog was not allowed. She is a sheppard MIX. We sent them a pic of her and they were kind of rude back stating that she was NOT ALLOWED!....That takes care ...

Snowbirding in 2020

Hi, we are considering chasing the Canada Geese and tug the 5th-wheel south and enjoy warmer climates next winter. It will be winterized until we hit consistently plus-side temps so we will probably use motels along the route from Nova Scotia to Flor...

Jerry_P by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Coney Island from Manhattan

We're planning a trip to NYC - staying at Liberty Harbor.2 questions...How would you get to Coney Island from Manhattan without a vehicle?Is Coney Island even worth seeing?Thanks for any info...

pasusan by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Seeking RV site for visit to USS Iowa battleship

I have found good RV camping in San Diego (for the USS Midway) and Oakland (for the USS Hornet), but I am having trouble finding a good place for visiting the USS Iowa, in San Pedro, near Long Beach. The Campground Reviews comments for RV parks near ...

RoyF by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Florida for the Winter

Thinking of going to FL in 2020, say Jan thru Mar. I lived in the Ft. Laud area most all my life and have family in that area...so would like to be in Palm Beach or Broward. Looking for campgrounds that would have winter or monthly rates. Any info wo...

legolas by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Swamp boat tours in Louisiana

Looking to spend a couple of weeks plus bounding about in Louisiana and the DW want to go on a swamp boat (air boat) tour. Not looking for a party barge type with 30 or so people, but rather a small craft seating a couple of people and tour swamps, n...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Tombstone or Bisbee?

We were going to go to Tombstone but we have had some tell us they prefer Bisbee. Do any of my friends here have some insite and opinion?

Anybody at the grand canyon

Is anbody there or just been there. I just called trailer village and they are booked. I called camper village outside the park and they told me they don’t have water to the sites yet because the night temperatures has been in the teens. I looked on ...

ceasare by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Texas Coast - boondocking near park with hookups?

We are currently in Quartzsite but will be traveling to the Texas coast mid-March. Looking to find a boondocking site near a public campground so our friends who are traveling with us can have hookups. Can anyone recommend such a place? Thanks!

Bumper to bumper RV's Leaving

Took a day trip to South Padre Island March 1 and bumper to bumper RV's Leaving the Island. Trying to get out ahead of spring break I suppose. Was very surprised at the huge number leaving all at once.

pawatt by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Grand Canyon trailer village

We are doing a cross country tour and are currently in Las Vegas, I just looked at the web site for Trailer Village and it says 28 foot limit. Is this a problem with a bigger 5 wheel??????

ceasare by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Death Valley recommendations?

We’ll be leaving Las Vegas on 3/18 and are considering heading over to Death Valley NP for a few days. Never been there, and am looking for some thoughts and suggestions as to what to see, and how long and where to stay. Our rig is a 40’ fiver, and w...

Ocala/Orlando overnight stop

We will be heading to the Keys in a month, and I'm looking for an easy in/out campground somewhere on I-75 round Ocala/Orlando. We will probably get there around 10-11pm, and then be leaving by 6-8am. Would like a level pull through so I don't have ...

wowens79 by Explorer III
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes