Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Upcoming Florida Trip

In a few weeks we'll be heading to Florida. I'm looking for input and reactions to our planned route and itinerary, as well as any advice about MUST-SEE things along the way. We'll be on the road for about 6 weeks. Traveling from Western New York. We...

Getting warm - - - -

Here at the LTVA Hotsprings. People leaving and I'm about ready to slowly make my way back to Lake Superior in the U.P. of Michigan. Still lots of snow so I'll have to pace myself and time it just right. I figure about a month travel time. Good I don...

socal by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Storing the RV for the summer

Being from Alaska we intend on snow-birding in the lower-48 between September/October thru the end of April. Rather than driving the ALCAN twice a season, we're looking at storing our RV somewhere and flying back. We intend on using our other campe...

What to see and do in Richmond

DH and I are going to Pocahontas State Park for 3 nights first week in April and visiting Richmond area. Suggestions on "must do" or "don't waste your time" events/attractions/tours, etc? I am a bonifide Civil War History buff - the reason for the...

Gulf State Park AL

Looking to camp at Gulf State Park. Only a couple of sites available, section 2 and section 5 which one is a better choice?

Algonquin Provincial Park and Mew Lake Campground

Hello everyoneWe thinking of doing a 4 night stay sometime in the 1st 2 weeks of Aug 2019.From what I have read there is a bike trail/rail trail that goes through the campground, anyone use it for biking? We enjoy moderate to easy hiking, kayaking, s...

Niagara Falls, NY State Park info needed

For those of you who have been there, is it possible to walk to all the attractions and not take the trolley? I haven't been able to find any information about the size/distance of the area.We are planning a visit and will have a dog with who won't b...

Tjuice by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Santa Fe, NM RV Parks and To-Do's

Howdy,Any recommendations for a full hook-up park in or close to Santa Fe, NM? We are planning to arrive there Aug. 18 and stay for a week before heading home to Central Texas. Any other Santa Fe recommendations to do while there are also encouraged....

mikefos by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Camp Reservations

What's your best practice for campground reservations.Do you reserve ALL the campgrounds prior to starting your trip?Or, do you just reserve the campground at your next destination?I guess the latter gives a lot more flexibility at the risk of ending...

Yellowstone NP in early Sept

I just got off the phone with Yellowstone Lodge Reservations because I was having a hard time locating a campsite in early Sept. I ended up getting a 4 day stay at Bay Bridge Campground. It turns out that it may have been the last site large enough...

Salt Creek Campground

In January we made reservations for Salt Creek Campground West of Port Angeles, WA for March 11-17 for our close-to-home “shake-down” trip to de-winterize and to get ready for the camping season. Two months ago the middle of March should have been t...

jamesu by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Joshua Tree Nat Park

Hi - we are currently in Lake Havasu AZ, but headed to Joshua Tree tomorrow without reservations. Can anyone recommend a campground with or without hookups? I understand Joshua Tree is huge with many Campgrounds, and we would like to get to the nea...

Carribean side trip?

Any suggestions for a good cruise or all inclusive for a week somewhere in the Carribean, probably leaving from Fort Lauderdale. We are thinking Feb? We have never been on a cruise or to an all inclusive & hav e never been to the Carribean. Favori...

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes