cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One week to takeoff. LOTS to do!

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
It's my first extended trip. This last week of getting ready looks like it shouldn't be a problem, if I can give up sleeping. The RV and toad have been serviced. Have arranged for lawn care and weekly house check. I'm using a good packing list, too. But the other stuff -- sheesh! Getting paperwork caught up, last get togethers with friends, more practice parking the RV alone, tying up loose ends at the store, fall yard work, cleaning gutters, emptying fridges....

Anyone else feel the pressure before you leave?
Any encouragement for a newly hatched snowbird??
20 REPLIES 20

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
rolling_rhoda wrote:
Oh,my! I'm had forgotten about contacting credit cards. Thanks for the reminder.:S

As they say "don't sweat the small stuff, and everything is small."

With the advent of cell phones, GPS's, and the internet you can do just about anything on the road now.

That first year when I couldn't fill up the MH with my "canceled" Visa card, all I did was call the 800 number on the back of it. I was good to go in under 5 minutes.

I do admit I did have that "deer in headlights" look for the first few minute when the pump said "rejected."
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
Oh,my! I'm had forgotten about contacting credit cards. Thanks for the reminder.:S

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
The first year is always the hardest like Pawatt said "enjoy." A trick we do is just go 40 miles for our first night stay, then we spend two nights there.

Allows us to take our time closing up shop, then if we do forget something we can easily drive back and take care of it. So far every season (but the last one) we've had to drive back for something. :S

Also call the credit card places and tell them you'll be snowbirding. That first year they'll cancel your card when they see all the new strange activity on it.

YES, this very important. Do this before you hit that first fuel stop and your card goes tilt.

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only 8* above freezing this morning. I want to get out of here before I have to dodge snowstorms

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
The first year is always the hardest like Pawatt said "enjoy." A trick we do is just go 40 miles for our first night stay, then we spend two nights there.

Allows us to take our time closing up shop, then if we do forget something we can easily drive back and take care of it. So far every season (but the last one) we've had to drive back for something. :S

Also call the credit card places and tell them you'll be snowbirding. That first year they'll cancel your card when they see all the new strange activity on it.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Just relax & enjoy, If you get on the road a few days late so what. Once on the road enjoy the trip, drive short days. if you find a place you like stay a few days or a week or longer & explore. The journey can be as good or better than the destination.
pawatt