cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arizona RV Park Recommendations

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a site in Arizona for the winter for our motorhome, maybe mid-November thru March or April. We have stayed at Palm Creek before; it was nice but more than we needed or used. So looking for very pet friendly, not so expensive quiet park, 55 and older preferred. Our coach is a 2004 Dutchstar, 41'. Any recommendations appreciated.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package
9 REPLIES 9

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
We have lived just south of Tucson for over 12 years. It really depends just what you are looking for as far as city needs or way out. Tombstone Terr is kinda out in the boonies for example. Tucson is a nice area and Yuma is hotter but not much going on around there. Yuma Palms is a great place if you want to go there....but maybe more than you want/need. De Anza south of Tucson has become a good place. You might have trouble finding a place in Tucson for your time frame as most is booked well in advance for the Gem Show in Jan-Feb. I would exert caution in far western part of Tucson.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
For spacious sites you might look into this Escapees RV Club park in Benson, Arizona. You'll be amazed at the beautiful landscaping, friendly folks, nice activities in the clubhouse and best of all, very reasonable rates, including 6-month rates at $270/month.

Escapees Saguaro R Park

In fact, they have a special offer for non-Escapees to spend a week full hookup for $50 + electric. Then to stay on you'd need to become a member but it's only $40/year and has lots of perks including a fantastic bi-monthly magazine written by RVers with little advertising. Once a member you can stay at other Escapees parks.

We'd highly recommend it.

Benson is a little higher elevation than Tucson 40 miles to the west so it's cooler. December and January will be the coolest months but it warms up by 9am. There's lots to do in the area and day trips to Tucson is very easy.

Also, this area doesn't get the dust storms that the Casa Grande area does. We've been caught in a few bad ones.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can also rent a private lot in the Foothills area of Yuma, if you don't need or want park amenities.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Desert Trails in Tucson. Very pet friendly, lots of activities quiet but close enough to Tucson for all the amenities of a nice size university city.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
Lot to choose from in Yuma, in all price ranges and amenities. MCAS Yuma is right in town If that's a plus for you. Semper FI.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
Cocopah Resort in Yuma AZ.
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Do you need large city action and amenities or does a nice quiet spot in a farming community in a super RV park with loads of amenities sound up your ally? We stay in Wellton, about 20 miles east of the Yuma foothills and have the best of both worlds. Also, the cost there is about ยฝ what it cost just 20 miles west, in Yuma. We're less than an hour from Mexico and an hour and half to the big city of Phoenix. To us, it is the best of both worlds. If interested, PM me and I'll give you loads of info.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We leave mid-November for Casa Grande RV Resort and our 3rd Winter there. Nuf said I guess heh. Will be there into April.

Our Trip Journal (in our sig) has entries from previous stays, with photos.

Made our reservations to get our same site before we left last Spring as many others did so if you decide to stay there I would call soon to see if they have long term sites available.

Safe travels.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Move down the road to Fiesta Grande,
If you PM me I will give you my name.
Put me on your reservation and I get a finders fee as I am in the park.
I will split it with you 50/50.
I think it is $100.00 finders fee
I find Fiesta Grande more sociable than the park you mention
Traveling with my best friend my wife!