cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon Inlet

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed at Oregon Inlet (National Seashore) since they have added hookups? If so, what are your opinions? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

donut_dave
Explorer
Explorer
it was nice when it was hot to run the ac. very crowded around the electrical sites. more spread out through the rest. they are thinking about some electric at some of the other campgrounds.

jayco304
Explorer
Explorer
I have been since new hookups have been installed and if they continue to add more hookups I see issues in the future. My view is this, as they add more hookups they will attract some of the crowd in larger campers that they did not previously attract and they did not extend the length of the parking pads. Also this campground has a very very narrow one way road. With the larger campers wanting in this campground now and people are parking right up to (I mean not even an inch) from being in the road it will be a problem backing in. The weekend we were there every hookup site was full. Luckily we arrive before they became full so we did not have issues but some of the late arrives really struggled backing in if the people across the street were not home to make cars out of the way. Good thing is there is no trees so if you have to you can cut it really short and go all in the grass. Also, the rules are all tires must be on pavement but that was not happening many tires were in the grass (tow vehicle or toads). I never saw the ranger bother or address this issue with anyone.
Please visit www.cram-a-lot-inn.com to learn more about our travel adventures.

2000 F350 7.3PSD
2010 Jayco 324BHDS Travel Trailer

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
If you've stayed there before, nothing has changed other than the addition of electric and water at 25+/- sites. If not, its a large open field with reasonably large sites (much more so than the local commercial facilities) but no shade or understory to provide privacy. Standing water can be a problem after heavy rains. Mosquitoes and greenheads are a nuisance, especially if the winds are light - well guyed screen room recommended for sitting/cooking outside. Great location if you have plans for Manteo and Nags Head.