cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon State Park Site Restrictions?

lmsteck
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at making reservations at Harris Beach State Park in Brookings for a family trip. We have 5er's but the older kids want to stay outside in a tent. Are there any restrictions with regards to having an RV and a tent on a single site? Thank you!
lmsteck
4 REPLIES 4

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
We have camped at every Oregon State Park on the coast..to answer your question...yes, you can put up as many tents on your site anywhere that they will fit...but only 1 RV.

Up to 8 people per site are permitted with no restriction how to sleep those people.. We have even seen people sleeping on the picnic table!!
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Harris Beach is one of our favorite places. There are some very nice sites even some with really cool ocean veiws. Last time we had A-26 which is good but we wanted one of those across from it but they were all reserved before us. Those sites are lagre and have a great Ocean views.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

lmsteck
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, Old-Biscuit, I called every number but that one, of course. Got through on the third call and the answer was, you can put a tent on a site that already has an RV in it, if it'll fit. They have a "cheat sheet" where they listed what size tent will fit on a particular site. I just need to let her know what site(s) I'm interested in and how big the tent is. Thanks again!
lmsteck

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Call the park directly for info......Park business line: 541-469-2021
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31